• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight issue DC5

NYA

Bit of a problem with my lights. The passenger side one has blown, found it to be the 20amp fuse gone, replaced the fuse and it blew again straight away. So put in a 30amp fuse just to test, when the lights were on they were okay, but as soon as I switched the full beams on it blew the fuse again. Ay ideas any one;)

Get on to Torque. You've got warranty haven't you?

I was hoping to not have to do the 95 mile round trip if its something I can sort myself.

As in ring them to discuss options, I have known people buy from TGT and get issues rectified at TGM.

Well we seem to have sorted it. The side lights were on a different rated fuse to the dipped headlight, I have no idea why. So to balance the voltage across them, all the fuses have been changed to 15amp ones. The lights are all working as they should now. I figure at the lower rating if there is still an underlying issue it won't do as much damage if it blows again. I reckon it could be due to the car being stood still for quite a length of time, maybe just a little niggle that had been sitting there waiting for a drive before it popped its head up. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on them though and any issues I'll be straight down to Torque. It threw up a CEL code over night but that seems to have sorted itself out. I think a mix of the weather recently and standing on the forecourt may have had a bit an effect on the old boy.

It's in the document folder I'll get it to you later. Why's that though Stu?

Back