• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heavy & Weird Steering

C4Doc

Gamblor
Morning All

Hope someone can hel.

Was out in the CTR last night & steering felt all heavy like i had a puncture, checked tyre pressures & they were a bit low. Sorted this, then this morning i understeered & got that grinding noise (like when you turn in too fast) then turning at about 10mph. The heavy steering was also intermittant.

Anyone experienced this or could suggest anything?

Cheers

Chris

Maybe its the new tyres Chris:confused:

Don't think the EPS needs any maintenance or anything, like fluid because its electric. Maybe someone can confirm this though.

don't think it is the new tyres as its all of a sudden.

Thought about fluid then remembered its electric. Hope whatever it is it isn't expensive!

Have same problem here, feels like i have lost power steering entirely, especially after reversing the car and then moving off again in first. I pray it isn't a problem with the steering rack!!!

Have same problem here, feels like i have lost power steering entirely, especially after reversing the car and then moving off again in first. I pray it isn't a problem with the steering rack!!!

This is really common and nothing to worry about. When parking or reversing, the steering can go quite heavy and feel sluggish just for a second or so. It aint anything to worry about as it shouldn't happen under normal driving conditions.

I think its teh sudden change of direction (sudden change of lock on the wheel) and the electronics trying to catch up.

great mines like that, im glad its not broke. mine sometimes does it when im driving, but very rarely, it self centres but it feels like it doesnt want to help me turn the car

you guys are essentially describing a powersteering motor failure -- honda must of replaced a 10000 racks under warranty - - - - My civic had a new rack last year when this problem occured. - basically the motor has an intermittant problem, where by it gets hot and stops working then cools and kicks back in.

- other option is that the power plug to it (sitting on the front of the rack to the left) is full of crap or corroded... give that a clean and try

Back