• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heko wind difflectors

Ive just fitted a pair of these to my FN2, but im confussed as to what the metal clips are for. The instructions are about as clear as mud and they seem to fit lovely without them. Any help would be gratefully received.

Metal clips are to be placed on top of the deflectors and secure fitment. Place them at the top of the deflectors, put the deflectors in place and then close the windows electronically and they should slot in to place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what i gather most people don't use them, they actually cracked my wind deflector when i put them in.

Okay kool guys. ill see what happens without them. if they flap in the wind then ill fit the metal parts. Massive thanks folks.

Metal clips are to be placed on top of the deflectors and secure fitment. Place them at the top of the deflectors, put the deflectors in place and then close the windows electronically and they should slot in to place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't use the metal clips when I bought the heko wind deflectors for my ep3 and they were fine with just the sticky tape..... that was until I went on holiday to cornwall and the one blew away on the motorway .. :/ so if your fitting them definatly put the clips on. I now have climair ones and they fit by just purely how tight fitting they are.

I've had Hekos on for over a year, I didn't use the clips, though I did use double-sided tape from hobbycraft. I've not had any problems.

I'm just fitting mine and the drivers side one is catching on the window as the window goes up. It is catching right at the bottom of the deflector and I really cant seem to fix it, I've wiggled it a lot and I've tried pushing it to one side and it has now cracked a bit at the bottom (not visible thankfully). It seems to not sit in there so well on the drivers side for some reason, it pokes out a tiny amount but I'm certain its in properly.

Should I try shave the bottom off a few millimetres in case thats causing a problem?

Thanks

You're only down the road from me. Im ixworth. Ive fitted mine no problems. They fit really well and look the nuts. If you wanna bring it round at some point and ill have a try thats kool by me.

Ah awesome, I think I'll have to take you up on that. I work in Stowmarket so I can be in Ixworth tomorrow about 5.30/5.45pm if your free? pm me a postcode/place to meet?

Ill be at work then. Sorry. Im around from 19:00 onwards, or im about all day on wednesday, if thats any help.

I'd do 5.30ish on weds then? Im on call tomorrow night so cant guarantee I'm around much beyond 6. My car will be a day dirtier though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
how did you get on lads did you meet up and manage to fix the drivers side deflector ? what did you do ? as I had this problem previously and I through them away in the end :/

He suggested that I remove my door card and loosen my wing mirror from the inside. I did that and was able to fit the deflectors and then I put the window up and it was fine. I then tightened the mirror up and its all fine now. Im just waiting for the day that I have to snap them off to get my window up, but til then, Im happy!

Hey, been on holiday so haven’t replied. We swapped my wind deflectors for his and it was still the same, so that ruled out the deflector itself. So it must be the fitting of it. I've had my door cards of a few times due to speaker change and had to replace wing mirror after smashing the old one to bits hitting a pigeon mid-flight.

You say you have loosened your wing mirror and it worked, but you can’t take the window down now as it might not go up again. Just an idea. But remove the wing mirror and put a spacer on the bolt between the outside of the door and the wing mirror, therefor effectively moving the mirror away from the door. Giving you a bigger gap for the deflector. I could make you a couple of thin shims to try if you like, alternatively just cut out some from cardboard and try it.

I survived a couple of times lowering the window but I puulled up for work and it wouldnt go up :(

I may try that tomorrow if I get a chance. If I'm honest, Id rather just cut that whole bit off! Only the bit that goes inside the window - I cant see that having any adverse consequences but am I beaing really thick?

Where are you guys buying your heko wind deflectors from looking to get a set for my ep3 but amazon are saying 8 weeks delivery and I don't trust the forign ads on ebay

help / advice would be appreciated

I got mine from ebay, it was a UK seller and arrived within a couple of days. It also arrived broken, I sent pictures and the sent me a new set within the week. Unfortunately it was so long ago that ebay has deleted the link. Not much help, sorry, but at least you get decent protection through ebay, and hekos aren't expensive enough for cheap copies to be available.

Back