• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hello from Area Motorsport (Honda content)

Hello guys,

Thought it best to introduce ourselves although i wasn't entirely sure where too. As we have some pictures of various project cars and customer cars I thought best to post some pictures up here.

We'll also keep this regularly updated with the progress on various cars in the workshop that are being developed.

Firstly ourselves, Area Motorsport has been established by Robert, Daniel and Kevin in Kidderminster, Midlands, We all have various combined experience in Motorsport of 52 years, from time in Formula 1 with Renault to working with a Seat BTCC car, Ultima's, Formula Renaults and Clio cups, we are however all Honda enthusiasts ourselves. :D With our experience and enthusiasm towards Honda's we show a great interest in all our customer cars.

Further information about us and a few of our services can be found on our temporary site at http://www.areamotorsport.co.uk/WheelAlignmentAndCornerWeighting.aspx

I won't go into anymore detail on the company as i feel it's not fair on paid up traders so i'll wait till we hopefully establish our trader status on here before going into anymore detail about ourselves.

Few pictures of the workshop and some of the ongoing project cars.

The workshop, full of Honda's, there's actually one outside and two out the back behind the ramp aswell. :lol:

1DSC_0001.jpg

A Civic we've built from the ground up which is being made to compete in Britcar, as can be seen a few bespoke parts we've custom made are present.

DSC_0010.jpg

Air jacks and lines and brake lines all run through the car ofcourse.

DSC_0012.jpg

Pedal box and fuses relocated internally, we actually made a new wiring loom for this that weigh's only 600 grams believe it or not :D You can also see the attachment nozzle for the airjacks to the top right of the picture.

DSC_0013.jpg

Rear trailing arm with extended studs, coilovers may be changed from the RSD's, also reaar camber arms with pressed in bearings again done by ourselves.

DSC_0015.jpg

Next car is Dan's turbo Civic, all pipework from the intercooler to the exhaust manifold is custom made. The oil cooler is also custom made, should be around 450 BHP with a Kaaz plate diff, 3 way Nitrons it should be an animal. Hopefully being mapped next week and possibly at Donnington on the 13th of November for anyone who wants to pop down.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Next is Robert's shell on the jig ready for a roll cage which has been delivered yesterday:) , The shell so far has been fully stripped of seam sealent and the chassis is now fully seam welded. next stages are to tack the cage and get the shell on the rotary to weld the underneath and various other hard to reach areas. The shell is the straightest we've ever had and is now within 1mm from being perfectly true.

The plan for this car is to race in the Vtec challenge next year, we have some pretty interesting idea's for it floating around so will keep it regularly updated.

Excuse the dust, it's been there for a while.

DSC_0019.jpg

Finally a few customer cars on our custom alignment rig, im sure you'll recoignise a few of them.

DSC_0004.jpg

1DSC_0003.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

JDM weight with driver and half a tank of fuel if anyone was wandering ;)

IMG_0848-1.jpg

We look forward to meeting more TRO owners :D thanks for your time,

Robert,
Area Motorsport ltd

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Robert, welcome to TRO, some interesting projects you have going there. Keep us upto date mate ;) Darren.

I can vouch for the quality of work, being that its my JDM in the photo.

Anyone insterested in improving the handling side of things should deffinately go and have their car corner weighted. I had quite alot of work carried out and was well impressed even after a 10 hour round trip on the road :D

Back