• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hello hello hello looking to buy a supercharged civic

*** morning my name is Peter I'm looking to buy a supercharged civic eps know I'm not all that clued up on the civic I've got a st3 focus at the mo looking to sell that to buy the civic

i would like to ask you kind chaps if there is anything to look out for when looking at a supercharged one
is there any for sale on this fourem

wats the rough cost of getting one out on a type r I tryed to have a look couldn't find one

Couldn't you get a standard ep3?

And mod it?

I would but if it cost as much to buy a ep3 supercharged as it does to buy one and do it myself is rarther not go throught the hassle

ive tryed looking for the supercharger kit but I can't find a price fitted and all done and working does anyone know how much it costs to supercharge a ep3

Since you live in Essex, give Eurospec a ring about supercharger prices.

I didn't get along with the Rotrex set-up I had on my FN2 and got it taken off after 6 weeks. I went cammed NA instead.

Rotrex is very peaky, as being a geared charger it makes more power at higher RPM. It would spin the wheels when you hit 60 in 3rd, especially mid corner, which wasn't ideal.

My graph, pictures speak louder than words:
RotrexSportDyno230711.jpg

My NA set-up felt much more drivable, in that you could wring it's neck on a country lane and feel in control:
Dynoday2012-1.jpg

That being said Rotrex is good for straight line driving or drag racing where you will be keeping high in the revs. For road and circuit days/racing I would have preferred a Jackson Racing Supercharger (JRSC) set-up, as the roots type charger makes more of the torque lower down, so feels more grunty and is more predicable as you rise through the revs, but you won't hit the pub figures of the Rotrex without spending a fair bit of money.

JRSC set-up looks better as well IMHO.

I would rather go through the 'hassle' and get it done myself. Someone else's set up might not be your cup of tea, it could be difficult to find one already built to how you would want it.

At least if you get it done yourself you will have a set up that your comfortable and happy with.

unless your dead set on the change, id keep the st3 map it an put some goodies on job done. the type r probably aint your cup of tea if you looking for a straight charged one! Never would i buy someone elses setup would always rather tune myself so i know exactly what i want and get

Back