• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help Choosing Exhaust System Please?

Hey Guys/Girls if any

I am looking to change the exhaust system on my EP3 and I am wondering what to go for and I was hoping to get some ideas and help with sorting this.

I am after a Complete one but with a CAT that will pass the MOT as I am not really wanting to be taking it off and on all the time like before and I want a 5" Tail Pipe can anyone give me ideas of makes and ones that would be ideal for the EP3.

I have been looking at makes such as the following:

HKS / Mugen / Supersprint / Skunk2 / DC Sports /

I look forward to some replys!

Also I was wondering if you think its fully worth me getting a Complete System or just a CAT Back be fine?

Thanks guys/girls.

JubeiTigeruk:D

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, your question of whether or not to get a manifold, I would say yes, but it does have its drawbacks mainly cost.

To get the best out of your exhaust system and engine you will need a aftermarket, faster flowing, manifold.

This however would remove the CAT (unless you get the super mega expensive Mugen one), also you will need to get a JDM front ARB, uprated engine mounts and a remapped ECU. Just those bits alone, without the manifold, will be the best part of £1000.

However the car will gain a lot more torque and power.

Secondly, out of the CAT back systems you have chosen I would go for the Mugen personaly.

What are you looking for sound wise, massive loud and boomy, or subtle but screamy on VTEC?

I have had a DC Sports, the sound was good, but I have heard better. I currently have a Fujitsubo RM01A and I think its one of the best sounding exhausts you can get for the EP3, some will argue, but its personal choice and it ticks all of the right boxes for me.

What's your budget chap ?

Hey, erm I don't know I haven't really set a budget as such but within reason lets say I am not looking to blow LOADS of money cos I am going to be aiming to get myself a different car in the next 2 years. Just wanting something that is going to have a nice look with a good sound and performance too (even though I know it won't be that much better performance).

I been looking about 800 ish or maybe more depending on what I get.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, your question of whether or not to get a manifold, I would say yes, but it does have its drawbacks mainly cost.

To get the best out of your exhaust system and engine you will need a aftermarket, faster flowing, manifold.

This however would remove the CAT (unless you get the super mega expensive Mugen one), also you will need to get a JDM front ARB, uprated engine mounts and a remapped ECU. Just those bits alone, without the manifold, will be the best part of £1000.

However the car will gain a lot more torque and power.

Secondly, out of the CAT back systems you have chosen I would go for the Mugen personaly.

What are you looking for sound wise, massive loud and boomy, or subtle but screamy on VTEC?

I have had a DC Sports, the sound was good, but I have heard better. I currently have a Fujitsubo RM01A and I think its one of the best sounding exhausts you can get for the EP3, some will argue, but its personal choice and it ticks all of the right boxes for me.

Hmmm going that overboard isn't really what I was planning on doing... or at least in one lump anyway maybe bit by bit would be better. I do want a nice 5" Tail Pipe or 4" depending on price and so on. I didn't really want to go down the lane of removing the CAT and so on for MOT side of things as I normally don't get alot of time to mess about like that with my job and so on.

SO maybe CAT back is best for me?

Hey, erm I don't know I haven't really set a budget as such but within reason lets say I am not looking to blow LOADS of money cos I am going to be aiming to get myself a different car in the next 2 years. Just wanting something that is going to have a nice look with a good sound and performance too (even though I know it won't be that much better performance).

I been looking about 800 ish or maybe more depending on what I get.

If you're after cat back, James does the FEELS system in titanium or s/steel :twisted:

Back