• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help Identifying a Headlight

I bought a headlight off someone off the CTRO as my headlight adjustment motor is shot on the passenger side, recieved the headlight the other day its different to a CTR headlight, there doesn't appear to be headlight adjuster motor built in? Plus the deflector in the headlight is different to my 02 car, the chap reckons its from a 03 car, can anyone identify what car this headlight would fit?

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

Sorry for the pics. :oops:

From a EP1/EP2?

However mine has the adjustment motor built in. I thought from the pics it has?

Its split inside for when it moves up and down, and looks to have same connectors at the back? :?

this would be a good time to check the model code that you have mate.

IIRC the CTR headights are darker coloured units. :?:

Jay..

Chief said:
Don't think theres a model code on the light as far as I know. :?

I be very suprised if it didn't have a part number on it. Also the sheild for the bulb seems on..... looks to have a hole in it..... :?

Jap Tart said:
Ooops I thought facelift started at 03 :? Shows I know naff all :lol:

Facelift did start in about November/December '03 on 53 plate. I think he'd know weather he has a face lift or not. :wink: :lol: :lol:

craigiusmaximus said:
Could it be off a pre facelift sport or even a basic preface lift civic?

Thats what I'm thinking, the guy reckons its from a 03 CTR as hes had other parts from it, but there isn't a plug for the headlight adjustment motor cable and the connectors are different as afaik the prefacelift headlights never changed?

The guy hasn't got back to me so looks like its off to ebay with it. :x

What do you mean theres nothing to connect to it?

Are CTR ones different? As mine plug into where that black rubber bung is

Dynax said:
What do you mean theres nothing to connect to it?

Are CTR ones different? As mine plug into where that black rubber bung is

Thats just the connection for the bulb and not the motor IIRC.

I dont think i have any other connection to mine, but my motor works?

I'll take a pic of the back of mine tomorrow. I thought thats where it connected :oops:

I'm guessing that the blue connector is the headlight adjuster motor connection? Mine are playing up - out of warranty too. I'm asking Honda to do them free anyway but if not, it's disconnection time. Who needs em anyway. :wink:

Honda said no to my out of warranty claim so I've whipped off the connector. No more twittering, chattering headlight motors, just set 'em to the 0 position and disconnected it.

Happy days.

BigRed said:
Honda said no to my out of warranty claim so I've whipped off the connector. No more twittering, chattering headlight motors, just set 'em to the 0 position and disconnected it.

Happy days.

Nice 1, bit of an old post this, I ended up getting a new headlight from TGM for under £100.

Chief said:
BigRed said:

Happy days.

Nice 1, bit of an old post this, I ended up getting a new headlight from TGM for under £100.

Honda say they're only £60 :shock:

Back