• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help!! New shocks required

Hi guys, went to tgm yesterday about another matter which we now know about but as we were on our way back after the test drive with tom i said to him what is that knocking noise from the front end, tom said new shocks required ole chap So i need new shocks to fit with my eibachs which make would be best, any advise would be great thanks.

Hi guys, went to tgm yesterday about another matter which we now know about but as we were on our way back after the test drive with tom i said to him what is that knocking noise from the front end, tom said new shocks required ole chap So i need new shocks to fit with my eibachs which make would be best, any advise would be great thanks.

Buy some used OEM ones.

Surely you should of asked Tom that question while he was in the car...

I did but he's gonna get some prices for me this week spoke to yeomans honda they think it could be the top mount bolt has come loose, so i will try tighten that up first, & they give me some prices aswell fronts £135.00 each & rears £115.00 each :eek:

did u manage to sort out your suspension ?
im too have some problems with the noises coming from my suspension.
I think its the Tein S tech springs. which is causing some creaks and noises when i go over bumps and steering :confused:
Read on some threads they spray white grease on the springs to avoid it.
Really need to sort it out as it causing some a pain in the ass to drive now.
Any ideas of how to solve it?
My worrys is IF the greasing up wont work what else will be the problem ?
what are the signs of a knackered shock (assuming i already have s techs on )

I think its the Tein S tech springs. which is causing some creaks and noises when i go over bumps and steering :confused:

:ymca:

Not yet waiting to book it in at tgm ( when tom get's round to returning my call :lol:)

A little up date got some kyb shocks front & rear & new front drop links they
are all getting fitted tomorrow at tgm so i will let you know what the out come is. :lol:

Big thanks to ken & tom at tgm (when tom was not on the phone :lol:) got the kyb's fitted & the frsu done again what a difference, the car feels so much better & firmer, tom took me out on a test drive :eek: never been a passager in my own car -o< but am still here to tell the tale :D even tom said it felt better than the last time he drove it thanks again tgm :smt023

Back