• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP Please!!!

Hello all,

Well where do I start,

After cleaning the car the other day I have noticed a couple of patches of rust starting to bubble under the paint on the wheel arch.

To cut a long story short I took it to a garage this morning (friend of a friend of a friend and so on) for a quote, the guy said the area can be fixed but as the area will be sprayed after he said it would be better to respray the whole wing.

Then and I dont know if to believe him, he seemed to think the car had had some accident damage and started pointing out other 'bad' area's of paint work and said the whole front end would need repraying
bonnet included, just so the wing wouldn't look out of place.

After a quote of £300 I walked away not impressed.

Please can anyone give me an idea of a good place to take the car to for an honest quote, i'll post some pictures of the area below.

Cheers for your help.

DSCF2629.jpg

DSCF2631.jpg

Gutting :(

Looks like quite a bad filler job there, the arch isn't a perfect line.

£300 is not bad for a full front end re-spray to be honest. Any more pics of front end? Anything un-aligned?

Yeah I suppose its not too bad for the whole front end I just wasn't expecting a whole front end job just for a small patch of rust. Silly qustion but if there was someway of just having that area sorted would it stick out like a sore thumb?

I'll try and get some more pics for up for you joe of the whole front, cheers for reply!

silver is the hardest colour to match, probably why he wants to spray the whole front end. if it were me i would just have the wing repaired and resprayed in hondas original SS coded paint.

silver is the hardest colour to match, probably why he wants to spray the whole front end. if it were me i would just have the wing repaired and resprayed in hondas original SS coded paint.

I may go down that route as I really cant afford £300 at the mo, but there are some nasty stone chips on bonnet (which would be sorted too) so if im gonna get it done I may as well do it properly and get it all done.

Stuck what to do now, I may pop to my local Honda and just get thier view on it, but I know the quote will more than likely be alot alot higher!!

I may go down that route as I really cant afford £300 at the mo, but there are some nasty stone chips on bonnet (which would be sorted too) so if im gonna get it done I may as well do it properly and get it all done.

Stuck what to do now, I may pop to my local Honda and just get thier view on it, but I know the quote will more than likely be alot alot higher!!

maybe triple the first quote. it all depends how anal you are about your paintwork, the rust on the wing has to go but stone chip repair is a pain in the anus and can be a bit more expensive than just a respray.

maybe triple the first quote. it all depends how anal you are about your paintwork, the rust on the wing has to go but stone chip repair is a pain in the anus and can be a bit more expensive than just a respray.

They are a pain and all it takes is to follow a car or lorry and another stone to fly up and your back to a stone chipped bonnet.

Im a little anal about the condition of my car but I think for the minute finacially its just gonna have to be a wing spray!

And i'll prob give honda a miss ha ha!!

yes, never go to Honda for paintwork. there are many talented referbishers out there and they don't work for Honda.

yes, never go to Honda for paintwork. there are many talented referbishers out there and they don't work for Honda.

Cheers bud, im getting another quote just for the wing and then i'll go from there, will post any updates at a later date!!

Back