• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help Spoon ETD

Got a spoon ETD fitted to my EP3 type r the bottom of it has unscrewed its self is it an easy fix or is it F***ed:confused: Have taken a pic to show what I mean.

CIMG1360.jpg

Thanks for looking hope there is something that can be don for it.

I'd say you're going to have to take it off and screw it back on again. Will be fiddly if anything else.

Mine has a minor habit of working itself loose. I keep it finger tight as a regular check when checking the oil and bits and bobs.

Thanks I was thinking it might have some form of fluid in it that I might of needed to refill so it dont sound to bad.

Thanks peeps :D

I've also got a Spoon ETD on my EP3.

It's developed an annoying knocking sound when accelerating hard and lifting off the throttle.

I've done this very very quick diagram to explain what I think is happening.
da35_121.jpg

The ETD only connects on two of the 3 nuts on the suspension tower, labelled 'front' and 'scuttle'. The bolt at the front is acting as a pivot point and the bracket is moving in the direction of the arrows. The bolt hole at the back ringed and labelled scuttle is larger than the thread sticking up from the suspension and so this allows the bracket movement. This is therefore causing a very noisy and annoying knocking sound. :evil:

Has anyone else had this and come up with a solution? The nuts are as tight as I dare and it's still happening. Starting thinking about taking the thing off.

Cheers in advance...

I have solved this problem I think!!

It was knocking because of poor adjustment and play on the elastometer.

I've adjusted the bronze nut so the ETD's far end bolt hole is exactly level with the bracket. I left it off the car overnight so it returned to it's natural unloaded position.

I've also sprayed good ol' WD into the channel where the bar runs through the elastometer.

So far so good, no knocks!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Barking up the wrong tree with the bracket problem!! :rolleyes:

Back