• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP, Strange Non Aircon pic request EP3

In brief im taking a car dealer to court and need a picture as part of my evidence.

I require a picture taking the same as below showing a standard stereo and non aircon heater controls.

It needs to be of decent quality so that i can print it on 6 x 9 photo paper.

Anyones help on this would be fantastic.

Regards Chiffs

DSCF1951.jpg

i bet he sold him an aircon CTR, but then found out he had an ac button but no ac under the bonnet

if the ac light does work, the probe must also be fitted in the side of the heater box, this is at the side of the clutch pedal and I know this as when i fitted my ac the light would not work until i fitted the probe, also note to fit the ac button you only pull out the black bit then push in the ac button cover takes 10 seconds tops, So nick you have the ac button fitted in yours but the you have the black stop not the ac logo, I can sell you a button so you can pretend you have ac as well ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nick for the pic, i should be able to crop and resize that. Will give it a go in a bit to see how it looks.

Yep you are all right im taking a non honda dealer to court for selling a a/c car without a/c. My bad for not checking that out but didnt really expect to have a a/c button light up and no a/c. My heater and fan controls are not ctr but cts as well, everything works fine apart from the a/c of course.

TBH i was more interested in checking everything else like engine etc.

Court date is the 4th feb, had a responce to the claim we put in. The garages solicitor said we have not contacted the garage since the car was bought.

Oh dear, all the calls to the garage where on my mobile which i just happen to have copies of all the bills. The first month alone contains around 40 calls to the garage.

Could be a good day at court plus if i win it will be new exhaust time:D :D

picture of non air con engine

DSCF0098.jpg

and same engine with aircon if this helps

DSCF0340.jpg

if you win IMO try and get the car returned and your cash back, then go and buy another CTR but with credit crunch prices and £2k cheaper

TBH i dont think returning the car will happen, although i am happy with the car and have just done front discs and pads, oil change, added a aem intake, new tyres all round, refurbed the rims and painted satin black and added wind deflectors. Be nice if that was the case.

Thanks for the pics will also print them as its just more bits to through at them.

Im of to the small claims court. The claim is for the cost of aircon, fitting of aircon by honda plus cost of phone calls and two trips to the garage and court fees.

In total around £1400, :)

No im going to do the sensible and boring thing of paying some bills off, but spend some on a cat back. Most probably a HKS Hi-Power. Maybe get a decat as well.

Good luck to you mate. Sounds like you're on for a winner. It's a straight forward case with loads of breaches including breach of contract, misrepresentation, Trade Description Act, and Sale of Goods Act. I take it you're representing yourself then? (I did the legal practice course).

That's the best way anyway, you don't need a Solicitor for something like that. Let us know how you get on.

Good luck mate.

Don't be surprised if they contcat you a few days before court and offer you a out of court settlement :D .

However, if they still want to go through with the case they must have something to go on their end :( .

Their Solicitors don't give a toss anyway, they still get paid either way. I've been the court a couple of times where the other side are blatently fighting a losing battle but just doing it anyway.

Their Solicitors don't give a toss anyway, they still get paid either way. I've been the court a couple of times where the other side are blatently fighting a losing battle but just doing it anyway.

:cool: :cool:

Hi guys the court date is next wednesday the 4th so not long. Not been contacted yet and i dont think i will be either tbh.

Will be representing myself and no solicitor.

Did have a bullsh*? letter from there solicitor when we first start the court ball rolling say we had never contacted the garage, the statement of truth was not signed plus a few other points. Looked like a scare type of letter with points but didnt take any notice of that.

Worst case, even if i do lose (dont think i will) at least in will of cost the garage owner a few quid for his solicitor. :)

Cool, what Solicitor are they using just out of interest? Nothing to lose mate.

Few little hints:

Wear a suit.
Always face the judge when talking.
Address him appropriately (Sir/Madam).
Answer all questions accurately and concisely.
Don't interrupt the other side or the judge when they're talking.

This might all sounds patronising but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't do little things like this that makes you look more polite and genuine. Judges much prefer it when people are courteous and polite.

Cool, what Solicitor are they using just out of interest? Nothing to lose mate.

Few little hints:

Wear a suit.
Always face the judge when talking.
Address him appropriately (Sir/Madam).
Answer all questions accurately and concisely.
Don't interrupt the other side or the judge when they're talking.

This might all sounds patronising but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't do little things like this that makes you look more polite and genuine. Judges much prefer it when people are courteous and polite.

Thanks for the tips, got me suit sorted already;)
Only have an addy for the solicitor they are using, based in Beaufort Buildings, Clifton Downs, Bristol.

good luck in the morning, let us know how you get on

In court at 1:30 pm so will post how i get on later in the afternoon/early evening.

Back