• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP!! Window won't shut

Rcb

Hi all,

Was just out n about in the Civic with the window down. When I pressed up on the window control it went up, got to the top and made one allmighty BOOM sound, went straight back down and now won't do anything, so it's stuck open

Any ideas what happened and how to fix it? Luckily it's not raining but I don't want to leave my window open all night!? :eek:

Luckily the car came with a 3 month warranty. So I phoned the dealership, they said they'd "phone me straight back" at 9 o clock, at 10:20 they phone and say they have no availability to look at it today or tomorrow or saturday.

I said what can I do then, my car is not safe, the window is wide open on a street and I cannot use it, their reply was "get it to us, we will keep it, yo can get a taxi back" Now bare in mind this dealership is about 50 miles away from me, a taxi back would cost around £50, if not more. I had a "heated" discussion about a courtesy car and availability and they said there is nothing they can do, it's a busy week due to bank holiday and I said I'd call them back.

Where do I go from here?

Can I take it to Honda and send the dealership the bill?
I can't just leave my car with the window wide open, what if it starts to rain etc? Forgetting that thieves love these cars, one with an open window is an easy target...

Mega ****ed off right now, what to do next??? Garage won't give me a courtesy car, they can't even look at it for days?

To be honest I'm really ****ed off that the dealership won't help, what's the point in having a warranty if they won't honour it and expect me to leave my car unsafe until next week, and can't even give me a courtesy car to drive the 50 miles home from there!?

think if it was me, i'd take the door card off and have a look myself, might be something simple you can fix or replace and ask the garage if you can identify the problem and fix it yourself would they supply the part free of charge under warranty, that saves them having to look at it and labour time

Here's the drawing for the window
B__5300.jpg

RCB, sounds like it fell off the runner. i presume it didn't smash.

its actually a relatively straight forward job to put the glass back on the runner, assuming it is that and not a broken motor. in the past when i have had to replace glass when a window was smashed by a theif you get the door card off. usually a couple of screws around the door handle area and then pulling from the bottom poppers up. there will be tons of guides for this im sure when people have replaced the dreadful standard speakers. i can't remember if there is a foamy membrane behind the door seperating the metal from the glass behind. get behind there and it will become clear what is going on and if it is a knackered motor or something else.

i know the dealership should be doing all this but realistically you don't want to leave your window open for an unknown period of time. in your situation if i didn't want to bodge i would find a garage either your families or otherwise to keep the car safe and borrow a car in the interim from someone.

There is a guide on here for removing the doorcard, its in my wing mirror replacement guide.

Back