• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Help with curbed wheels

Tuck the car out for a drive this afternoon and curbed the wheel on the way home. despite the fun speeds on the country roads i was only doing 25-30 mph when i did it so not a lot of dam. whats the best way to cover repair the damage?

Halfords gloss black touch up pen is an exact match.

Either paint straight over or flatten it down with some wet and dry first.

Thanks mate its only around the edge so the paint it perfect. just shows I'm better of driving quick as i get distracted when going slow!!

Lol I'm using the satin black one and that looks fine, I've hit mine twice so you're not alone.

I touched mine up on Saturday after a rainy altercation last week at work.

Can't tell now. Sanity restored for the time being...

Will hopefully do mine tomorrow, its all because a van parked next to me and the 'lane' in front of the space had a kerb running down it and although i did a couple of shuffles i just slightly misjudged it.

The joys of having a turning circle like a tanker!

Fk2 wheels search out for kerbs and leap out at them as you try to manoeuvre/park. I haven't kerbed a wheel in years. Iv kerbed the ctr 4 times.
Only minor marks which have been touched up with paint pen but it's annoying to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Even after reading this and being super careful, I managed to kerb my driver side front wheel yesterday :(

The halfords gloss black pen works pretty well, just beed to be careful from now on!

have *** my wheel again!!!:smt022:smt022:smt022

dateposted-public

I've got marks on all 4 wheels.
All marks were caused by potholes and driving very slowly on rough ground.
Looking forward to getting 245's. In the meantime, I'm touching up the wheels. Looks fine even when standing beside the car.

yep I'm another victim... well it was either the kerb or a wing mirror as the tractor coming the other way was very wide and he wasn't stopping!

Just done mine tonight, worst part is I did it on a round about at 10mph after having a boost session averaging 20 mpg! Gutted! Gonna sand the scruff down then use a touch up pen

99% of the dam to my wheel has been *** when me or the wife has been parking. When im playing i don't have any problems

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The outer rim actually lips out doesn't it, and the standard conti tyres have literally no side wall, so easy to scuff! I've just ordered the halford black gloss touch up pen so that should do the trick, I'm just happy I didnt scuff the red pin stripe!

Mine happened within the 2nd wk, just spent a day detailing it, then another half a day glossing it up with some quick detailer,
As there wasn't many pictures around of the Fk2 I thought it would be the perfect photo opportunity so off I went to the countryside, but last minute I decided on a quiet carpark, as I turned in around 5mph CRUNCH :( misjudged the rear end.
Could not believe it I could of cried :) instantly hit the sat nav selected the H & shot off to Honda for a new one, kerbed one is now a spare

Mine happened within the 2nd wk, just spent a day detailing it, then another half a day glossing it up with some quick detailer,
As there wasn't many pictures around of the Fk2 I thought it would be the perfect photo opportunity so off I went to the countryside, but last minute I decided on a quiet carpark, as I turned in around 5mph CRUNCH :( misjudged the rear end.
Could not believe it I could of cried :) instantly hit the sat nav selected the H & shot off to Honda for a new one, kerbed one is now a spare

Honda gave you a new alloy? How much they charge you for that?

just bought the halfords gloss black paint pen and loxy was right it's a perfect match, sanded down the scruff, would of been better using a smaller metal file but I left my toolbox at work and I didn't want to leave it till Monday to fix! So sanded down the scuff then applied the paint pen, looks good, will do as a tempory fix

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered it in, was between 3-400, I reckon I could of got it cheaper via hendy performance on here. Wouldn't be long until some pop up on ebay

Back