• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Make sure the new lock nuts are the ball seat, not taper seat. While they might physically fit, they are not compatible/interchangeable and will not give the correct torque.

i'd of got 4.5k from the front CSC6's if i didnt rotate. that includes the first 1k of it's life taking it easy to run the engine in from new.
they are good tyres if you ignore lifespan and wet performance. don't track 'em though... far too soft.

Oh okay, I better go have a look at that! I bet they are wrong. They ordered different ones that didn’t fit 3 times before. I’ll just take them and get my money back and order my own. At least the wheels have 4 other flipping bolts.

Track days I’ve looked at but it’s an expensive hobby, over £200 just for insurance! Then tyres, fees etc :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
trackdays are somewhat affordable once you get the car up to spec...

front & rear pads to be upgraded to 850c temp capable pads, preferably with additional brake cooling.
PS4s tyres minimum - i'm planning cup2's. the usual trackday rubber should also be good... ad08r's r888's.
insurance; i get £250 for 5days/yr via A-Plan. thats on top of road insurance i get through them.

more than happy to open a new thread (i don't think there's a FK2 specific trackday thread on here?) with my experiences so far...

Sounds good to me. I would like to do it but was put off by the silly money.

Sounds like I need a spare set of wheels with different tyres on them and a grands worth of brakes though still.

Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience of running Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on the FK2 ?

Please don't shoot me down in flames :lol:

Regards,Mark.

trackdays are somewhat affordable once you get the car up to spec...

front & rear pads to be upgraded to 850c temp capable pads, preferably with additional brake cooling.
PS4s tyres minimum - i'm planning cup2's. the usual trackday rubber should also be good... ad08r's r888's.
insurance; i get £250 for 5days/yr via A-Plan. thats on top of road insurance i get through them.

more than happy to open a new thread (i don't think there's a FK2 specific trackday thread on here?) with my experiences so far...

What’s those numbers and letters mean when you say trackday rubber? Total noob here!

tyres!
ps4s: https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-4-s
cup2: https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-cup-2
ad08r: https://www.yokohama.co.uk/Tyres/Car-Tyres/Summer-Tyres/(product)/AD08R
r888r: https://www.toyo.co.uk/tire/pattern/proxes-r888r

not gone into a lot of detail with the suitability on the FK2, but looks like they're all available and (off the top of my head) load/speed rated for the FK2. standard is 235's, some run 245's, and i'm running 255/35R19 to give better wheel protection (biggest size that will fit on the 8.5x19 wheels). i found 255's were generally a bit cheaper when i bought vs the 235 as they're a more common size.

Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience of running Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on the FK2 ?

Please don't shoot me down in flames :lol:

Regards,Mark.

i've heard mixed reviews on them. i think some guys used 'em on civinfo but cant be sure. i found the dunlop RT2's to be reasonably priced and wear well on the road (an easy 12k for me) and definately better than the csc6's in the wet. ateotd no tyre is gonna let you put all the power down in the wet in the fk2, so you might as well focus on dry performance and reasonable performance in the wet

Only negatives I heard about the Uniroyals were the sidewalls are soft & they wear pretty quickly :|

Never before have I deliberated so much about tyres :lol:

I will probably just end up getting the MPS4S :)

Regards,Mark.

well after today ripping a fecking hole in the side wall of my ps4s's (with loads of tread left), which by the way the tmps did a great job of saying anything on my half mile limp home, I'm in the market for two new tyres as the other part worn will go on my spare wheel, but I can't decide whether to stay ps4s or go something a little different and try some cup2's.

car only gets used on weekends so not looking for massive mileage out of them but it's a bonus but extra grip is always nice. do cup2's work for road use and are they useable in the wet? or are there any better suggestions, I've heard mixed reviews on how good r888's are.

oh and I'm staying standard size unless fit is like the conti's as for me the michelins seem to look right

Cup 2's are 80% track 20% road biased whereas the PS4S is the other way round. The cup 2's require a bit more heat in them making them a better track tyre but not ideal for cold or wet, especially cold and wet. I personally would only go Cup 2's if your going to be tracking it and don't want a second set of wheels or if it's a second car and can be left in the garage most of the winter.

I ran Elise's for 10 years+ on 48's, R888, the R888Rs, I wouldn't consider them them for a Civic unless you are tracking mostly, you won't get the best out of them. In the wet (particular standing water (where you will aqua plain) unless you get heat into them the grip levels are low, with the Elise you can feel the tyres letting go in a Civic you are not as engaged and as such at higher risk of falling off.

I will track mine (FK8) at some point but most likely Spa and The Ring, having raced Elise's the novelty of trackdays has been lost somewhat but did you used to love them for years. Expensive hobby though, upgrade driver, brakes and second set of wheels if you get into it in that order.

well after today ripping a fecking hole in the side wall of my ps4s's (with loads of tread left), which by the way the tmps did a great job of saying anything on my half mile limp home, I'm in the market for two new tyres as the other part worn will go on my spare wheel, but I can't decide whether to stay ps4s or go something a little different and try some cup2's.

car only gets used on weekends so not looking for massive mileage out of them but it's a bonus but extra grip is always nice. do cup2's work for road use and are they useable in the wet? or are there any better suggestions, I've heard mixed reviews on how good r888's are.

oh and I'm staying standard size unless fit is like the conti's as for me the michelins seem to look right

i've been told that the cup2's are ok on the road in wet weather, nothing exception but thats not what the tyres are about. They also come standard on astons and porsches so i figure they cant be as bad as what people can make out.
When i was trying to decide between ps4s and cup2's, what sold it was sidewall stiffness - cup2's are firmer.
i'm using the car as a year round daily driver and swap to winter tyres so the cup2's are really only spring>autumn.

everything i've read for track rubber, the cup2's are the tyres to get over r888's and ad08r's etc.

i was put off by other rubber like the dunlop maxxsport race as was told the performance off track is poor. they really need temp in them to perform.
i'll likely only need a pair of tyres when i need to replace in spring so want to try cup2's first and decide on the other pair after that planning the same again, but may drop to ps4s if the cup2's don't do it for me.

for me, i dont care much about things away from the track/nice weather road blasts. if they dont work well in the wet (like the csc6's) then I'll just adapt driving style. if i wanted comfort and smoothness, the typeR wouldn't be sat outside.
what ya got to loose? £30/tyre between the ps4s and cup2? worth a punt for a pair...

this video sold it for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovwopvZLuNc, specifically 1:53 taking note of the footnote about temps... i'll be on winter tyres when it gets that low.

I thought feck it and ordered ps4s for 140 a tyre delivered due to not changing to winter tyres and if and when I get my arse in gear and start doing track days I'll have a 2nd set of wheels + tyres as I have a long drive to any track

where'd you get them from at that price? nevermind... camskill do 'em for that on 235's

Back