• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help with satnav... TomTom, RoadAngel, etc...

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get an in-car satnav system along the lines of those mentioned in the title. The budget is upto £350. As I'm not exactly au fait with this stuff I was looking for some help / opinions on products currently out there.

The product I need will ideally have
  • UK and European mapping (thinking the forthcoming Honda Euro Tour!)
  • UK road safety camera placement / blackspots
Do any of the TomTom products have both these features? I've looked at the Road Angel 7000 - does anyone have one of these or any opinions on it?

All help and advice welcomed.

Cheers,
Andy

Andy - The TomToms are a really easy bit of kit to use mate.

You being a be of a bit of an IT Neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie will be able to download European maps, Speed camera databases etc well what ever is availible tbh through torrent sites.

The TomTom GB will be fine as long as you get a bigger memory card iirc.

Sorry I can't help more mate, but I'm not to good with all this technology.

Andy, I have the Tomtom one 'europe' clicky

It is a great bit of kit and its under £200 - You can get speed camera updates for it online.

When it comes to sat nav I think TT are leading the market :cool:

As you are off on the HET you will find the 'europe' feature most useful ;)

I bought mine off Fire_2 and IIRC he was selling another :smt023

EDIT : Fire_2's classified ad (click) (£175 bargain)

I have a TT One Europe too. Its a great little unit and well priced too.

I downloaded the camera database onto it from pocketgpsworld and it is updated frequently. It also costs less than the TT version. :D

I have a TT One Europe too. Its a great little unit and well priced too.

I downloaded the camera database onto it from pocketgpsworld and it is updated frequently. It also costs less than the TT version. :D

Thanks for the headsup Mat. I shall check it out... :smt023

Sorted! I purchased the new TomTom One XL with full Western European maps and safety camera database. Hopefully that will keep me going for a while... :lol:

Thanks for the info chaps.

Wots up with the NAVMAN stuff? SharkyUK - I work for them, im sure i can do you a deal on one..let me know if u wanna know more details!

Back