• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX HELP!!!

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site but i thought it the best place to get the info/advice I need. Im in the market for a new car and I am definately leaning towards an S2000. I've always liked them but just never got around to owning one.

Is there anything in particular I should look for in a second hand one?:confused:

And can anyone who has had one for a few years tell me of any problems they've had if any?

What are they like for modding?:twisted:

Thanks for your help!!

Firstly if your buying an older car one of the biggest issues is suspension bushes. The bolts seize inside the bushes making Geometry alignment, which is so crucial in the S, impossible. If you got to Honda they will want to change all the lower arms ect and the bill will be £2k plus. The option most take is to polybush the car and this will solve the problem. Still looking at a couple of days labour and parts. If you looking at an older one find out when it last had geo done.

Engines are fairly bulletproof but check older cars have all had the early recalls done like oil jet issues ect.

Other than that things like softtop seals and strikers and condition of rear screen as new soft tops are about £1k fitted.

S2ki.com is free to join and well worth having a look round.

As far as modding them goes make sure you got deep pockets:D

Firstly if your buying an older car one of the biggest issues is suspension bushes. The bolts seize inside the bushes making Geometry alignment, which is so crucial in the S, impossible. If you got to Honda they will want to change all the lower arms ect and the bill will be £2k plus. The option most take is to polybush the car and this will solve the problem. Still looking at a couple of days labour and parts. If you looking at an older one find out when it last had geo done.

Engines are fairly bulletproof but check older cars have all had the early recalls done like oil jet issues ect.

Other than that things like softtop seals and strikers and condition of rear screen as new soft tops are about £1k fitted.

Cheers mate. Much appreciated. I'm really choosy about my cars and treat them like my baby, so I'll def be modding up once again!!!:twisted: :twisted:

I've seen one or two that have caught my eye so far. What year did they release the S2k with the glass rear screen?

Have you had any particular problems with yours?:confused:

J, fancy writing that up in a new post and I'll make it a sticky. :D

Had mine about 2.5years with no problems at all. If you don't need a boot and 4 seats then they are awesome. Just don't push to hard in the wet when you're new to it. They have been known to bite! :twisted:

Also get an insurance quote first as well as a few people have been shocked of the costs. For example i can get insured on an M3 Cab worth more for less money, crazy hey....

Had mine about 2.5years with no problems at all. If you don't need a boot and 4 seats then they are awesome. Just don't push to hard in the wet when you're new to it. They have been known to bite! :twisted:

Also get an insurance quote first as well as a few people have been shocked of the costs. For example i can get insured on an M3 Cab worth more for less money, crazy hey....

Not too bothered about boot space.... just as long as I can get my gym kit in there then Im cool. I know about rear wheels in the wet I had a mr2 and had a few wake up calls in that, but thats part of the fun!!!:smt047

The mrs has her own car so this is all mine to do with as I wish.:cool:

Have u got any mods on yours?

Not too bothered about boot space.... just as long as I can get my gym kit in there then Im cool. I know about rear wheels in the wet I had a mr2 and had a few wake up calls in that, but thats part of the fun!!!:smt047

The mrs has her own car so this is all mine to do with as I wish.:cool:

Have u got any mods on yours?

Just a Green Induction Kit, sounds mental in VTEC :twisted: More deeper VTEC screem than what i got on the K20. Not really a performance mod more just for noise.

Back