• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP !!!!!

NHB

firstly woud like to say hi guys & gals.

I am after your much valued experiance and knowlage on the Ep3 (k20 a2engine)

my car is now on 96k .

it developped a rattel knock from the timing chain and tensioner.

so i got it into my garage and replaced theese items
The old chain had streched and the tensioner had gone. the timing was out by about 4 teeth.

so i re timed the car and put it all back together.
The car now ticks over fine , a little rattle here and there but nothing untoward. however soon as there is loas on the engine now the rattle gets alot louder and there becomes a knock . to listen to is tounds like its coming from the chain area but also sounds lower down bottm end :(

has anyone got any advise or help for me . i love this car but aint goin to spend big bucks on it as its my second car

Help !! your help is really aprechiated.

i did not change the guides when done chain too ?? dont know if that will make a differnce !

Thanks again in advance guys

firstly woud like to say hi guys & gals.

I am after your much valued experiance and knowlage on the Ep3 (k20 a2engine)

my car is now on 96k .

it developped a rattel knock from the timing chain and tensioner.

so i got it into my garage and replaced theese items
The old chain had streched and the tensioner had gone. the timing was out by about 4 teeth.

so i re timed the car and put it all back together.
The car now ticks over fine , a little rattle here and there but nothing untoward. however soon as there is loas on the engine now the rattle gets alot louder and there becomes a knock . to listen to is tounds like its coming from the chain area but also sounds lower down bottm end :(

has anyone got any advise or help for me . i love this car but aint goin to spend big bucks on it as its my second car

Help !! your help is really aprechiated.

i did not change the guides when done chain too ?? dont know if that will make a differnce !

Thanks again in advance guys

Yeah, read what you have typed or think you typed before submitting you post.

The S&G police will have your pants down :lol:

doesn't sound very clever. if i were you and as you say it's your second car i'd flog it sharpish to some mug and then if you really like the ep3 then get another one.

doesn't sound very clever. if i were you and as you say it's your second car i'd flog it sharpish to some mug and then if you really like the ep3 then get another one.

LOL i know that mate , but tbh im not like tha id be prety pi**ed if someone done that to me.

idealy i want to keep it as its a good fun car and its got my touches to it now.

no it dont sound clever i know and a few pwople have looked at it but everyone is stumped!!

as per title ...... HELLLLP

Yeah, read what you have typed or think you typed before submitting you post.

The S&G police will have your pants down :lol:

:)

is it that bad on here ??

i was in a rush as you can tell...

Im on the MLR also and its not as bad on there. when you are here any idea on the issue ??

Id be inclined to get it down to TGM for Tom to have a look at it, or at least call him and explain the issues.

Sankey Lane
Cove Road
Fleet
Hampshire
GU51 2RS

01252 811 972

[email protected]

Big end or main bearings could be knocking bud.

How's the oil situation? OK?
Ever been run low? Right grade in there? (5w40)

Yes mate its had a full oil & fillter change 4k ago. i have never run it low, but before me they may have ??? :-/
yea correct grade ect mate.

it idles fine but soon as there load on the engine it starts making the noise :(

It's possible it may have been run low on oil in its previous life.

I'm not saying it's definitely the big end or main bearings, but from your description of sound location and load conditions it could well be.

Is it just one knock or repetitive knocks?

you turn it over and idles fine with a tiny rattle, Nothing id be worried about.....Then as soonn as load on the engine its a KNOCK and its a continuious KNOCK .

Thud ...thud...thud thud :(

Similar thing happened to mine back in May.

Timing chain had stretched and jumped a few teeth.

Got it down to TGM for Tom to look at. Pretty much said all of the above in your previous comments and he suggested getting a donor engine.

Luckily for me Tom had sourced an engine and put it in mine.

Got it done and my car is running very nicely.

Back