• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hey from Japan!

Good day to you gentlemen. I chanced upon this forum again and decided that it was due time to join your esteemed ranks. I am Kenneth Kenjiro Bradford from Swindon but I have been living in Japan for the past 2 years bringing the wealth of Queen's English to the unsuspecting masses of the Japanese generation.

Hence, I would like to show you my mountain pass driving machine which I've proudly kept since I got here.

GF-DC2 (R-X) I live in a small fishing town in Kanagawa Prefecture which puts the famous Hakone hot spring resort in my backyard. Definetly a huge difference from Whitshire's rolling flatlands. While my tuning concept is close to Spoon's Integra demo car, I have made a few minor exceptions. I send my car to the TYPE ONE garage in Tokyo which has inevitably bled the bollocks from my wallet.

Without further ado...

n789371201_147218_5582.jpg

n789371201_147213_4430.jpg

n789371201_147212_4255.jpg

n789371201_147231_8178.jpg

I send my car to the TYPE ONE garage in Tokyo which has inevitably bled the bollocks from my wallet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice Teg and welcome to TRO. :cool:

A few of our members have recently enjoyed Japan - I am sure there will be much for you to discuss. :cool:

Thank you all. So far I have managed to comb most of the passes (Touge) in the Hakone / Izu area. There are a total of 8 passes that various Japanese petrolheads indulge in their unique form of tarmac burning. Everything from grip racing, drift a la Initial D and high speed uphill runs decend upon the roads with the appropriate roar of straight through mufflers, blow-off valves and tyre shredding screeching through the bends that carress the magnificent mountain side. Saturday evenings see the slope sides filled with onlookers and parking areas outlayed with an astonishing myriad of machines. R32s and siblings, Silvias galore, old and gold Toyotas, rally monsters and of course hot Hondas.

Admitingly, I haven't yet had the opportunity to truely square off in a proper race although vague attempts in the past at impromtu downhill chases have resulted in a narrow victory. The interesting thing is that Japanese street racers are always aggresive and serious behind the wheel but polite and sporting when spoken to face to face.

More stories and photos to come soon and hopefully I might be able to muster some videos in due time.

Welcome to the forum fella, as it happens I live just on the Oxford side of Swindon, wanna swap locations :D :D.

Spec wise nothing terribly impressive as of yet. Most of my money has been spent restoring the car (not that it really needed it) just as a precautionary measure. I'm one of those owners that is absolutely anal retentive on mainteniance and keeping the performance and general condition of a vehicle as close to original as possible.

As its stands, I have already done 109000km. (high by Japanese standards) So done the timing belt and accessories, fuel pump, all bushes, rebuilt gearbox, radiator. Never had a problem with any oil leak (which is a highlight with Type R specific engines) but my CV joint is starting to give problems. The clutch master is also due for a rebuild.

Tuning is reletively light. Varis carbon bonnet, Ohlins coilovers, Spoon air cleaner, radiator stuff, venturi throttle body, Pivot volt stabilizer, sports cat, Spoon front pads.

I use Castrol Edge 5W40 topped with Kure Motor Rev. That mixture is simply marvelleous! i swear through the seat of my pants that the mid range and top-end is increased by 8PS or something. Plus in Japan petrol is a full 100RON.

Next up is the Spoon street spec tail end and hopefully the strengthened CV joints that have just been released.

welcome to the forum mate

Do you have any photos of some female friends as scouse wants to see them

Hey welcome to the forum.

As mentioned earlier a few of us off this forum had a 2 week holiday to Japan last year, including a trip to Suzuka for the D1 GP !!

You should get yourself registered on the GTR Forum as theres quite a few expats living in Japan on there.

welcome to the forum mate

Do you have any photos of some female friends as scouse wants to see them

Blame my oriental desire to satisfy your own lust!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously the question still stands though. ;)

Back