• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hi all i am new to forum and i need help please !!!!!!!!

Hi all i have a civic type r ep3 and i have something wrong with it. She has decided to stop working i was driving the other night and she started to lose power it got me home and the following morning i went to start it and now it wont start it sounds like there is no compresion can any one help me please thanks for your help

If the chain has snapped you should perhaps get it to a garage as there could be far more wrong with it than just that.

If the timing chain genuinely has snapped, then there probably will be no compression as the pistons and valves will have got intimate - this is a interference engine.

New engine time.

For chain either Ebay but more likely Honda dealer just replaced my chain and tensioner the other week wasnt too bad.

Just to throw something else into the mix, do you have any oil?
My colleague (he's an engineer, somehow) took his EP3 to Honda when he had loss of power, turns out he had about a teaspoon of oil left in it.

Back