• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 HID bulb for accord type r 1999

Hi. The passenger side hid bulb has lost its colour. When iturn the lights on it starts of as ice blue but then turns a light purple in seconds. I think i need it replacing. Does anyone know the size and temperature for the bulbs. I think it may be a D2R but not sure about the colour. Cheers

Sure i am right in thinkin Honda will replace the standard bulb free as hey are meant to outlast the car :lol:

Sure i am right in thinkin Honda will replace the standard bulb free as hey are meant to outlast the car :lol:

i have heard that i thought it was honda uk customer services you possible might have to pay fitting though

though pairs of hid bulbs can be had for as little as 50 quid iirc

you can get them on ebay either 6000k which makes the headlight look blueish however gives the most visibility, 8000k the lights are more blue hence slight loss of visibility, then the higher you go like 10000k the headlights will go purple

I heard they were meant to last the lifetime of the car, but it isnt so and honda won't replace them free of charge ... as I came to know when mine went a few years ago, they did however agree do give me a significant discount if i took my car down to my local dealer, think I paid £30

...and they are D2R

I heard they were meant to last the lifetime of the car, but it isnt so and honda won't replace them free of charge ... as I came to know when mine went a few years ago, they did however agree do give me a significant discount if i took my car down to my local dealer, think I paid £30

...and they are D2R

I suppose that depends where you go then as i have a friend who works at Honda and he told me that they do replace them if you get one go :lol:

Hi. Who do i ask if i want it replacing by honda free of charge. Even £30 isnt bad as i was quoted £80 from local dealer.

Honda Customer Relations 01753 590760

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what happens. Hope they can sorted it out cheaper than £80. If it doesnt work then ill have to get them of ebay. :D

Thanks for all the help

I called honda customer relatiions and explained to them the situation. They said the car was not under warranty and was 8 years old (1999) so they could not do anything for me. They seemed nice though.

So i guess it is ebay then.

I've had a couple of sets off eBay and they are fine.

Lee how would you compare , these bulbs to the original? Are these proper HID bulbs? What temperature did you get mate, 6000k, 8000k etc
Are the lights powerful??:confused:

I've never had a d2r but I bought some replacement H1's for the EP3 and some H7's for the van. Both were fine.

4.3k is white and the brightest, 6k hint if Blue, 8k is a no no imo.

Lee

Hi. The passenger side hid bulb has lost its colour. When iturn the lights on it starts of as ice blue but then turns a light purple in seconds. I think i need it replacing. Does anyone know the size and temperature for the bulbs. I think it may be a D2R but not sure about the colour. Cheers

Hi. I have replaced the HID bulbs today but the same thing is happening. When I switch the lights on the bulbs start of as the same colour then the one on the right turns white (before purple) in seconds. What could this be? :confused:

I have phoned an electrician up and he has told me that it is most likely the ignitor. Is this integrated in the ballast or is it a seperate part all together and where abouts can it be found near the headlight? Does anyone know how much they cost from dealers? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Back