• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID Fog Lights???

Hi all,

Im in the process of replacing a HID bulb for my headlight, and thought about getting my fogs replaced with HID's aswell. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? My mate has an Astra VXR - Nurburgring Edition and he's converted his fogs to HID himself, and it looks the nuts! :)

Im not sure whether id need to take the front bumper off to connect the lights to the ballast, and fix the ballast somewhere behind the bumper, so water cant reach it obviously.

Ive searched the forum but i cant seem to find anything about HID foglights. Apologies if this is a re-post...

Any help/advice would be appreciated :confused:

I've never done it but you will defo need to remove the bumper to access the fogs.

Aside from that I imagine it'll be more or less the same as a normal headlight conversion though these are a different bulb type so a different kit will be needed.
But for the money and grief against the amount of use you'll get out of them I personally wouldn't bother.

I just upgraded to bulbs to nicer ice white ones on mine when I fit the kit originally.

Cheers mate.

My mate that did this to his VXR said it didnt take too long and was quite easy. Looks like im going to have to take the bumper off to do it then...

If i decide to try it out ** post some pics up :)

never seen it done on a ctr but dont see the point. I have a bit of a pet hate for people driving round with their foglights on when it aint foggy, and front fogs dont make much difference in the fog

Back