• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hid kit?????

bought the HID Kit, whats all this about splice or solder!! which way will be best when it arrives?
Nick ill probably give you a shout when it arrives next week!!

hey guys, got my HID Kit

just a few questions.......

is it important to use the Bulb holders that you can get from ebay or can you get away without using them??

also the instructions mention about drilling a hole... did anyone do this???

where is the best place to secure the Ballasts??

cheers

Drilling a hole? No need.

I secured my ballasts under the plastic trim that's on top of the wings, with some velcro and tie-wraps.

14102009045.jpg

14102009044.jpg

You don't need the bulb holders but they make life alot easier mate, otherwise you need to faff about alot, and for the price you may aswell.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-T...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b3799eee

nice one, this is starting to look alot easier than i thought!! i got the holders anyway so i might aswell use them.

just another question, the lamps have come in fancy little plastic holders..... problem is after you unscrew the holder, it seperates and you cant remove part of the holder, due to wiring and the lamp....:confused:

only way i can see is to break that part of the holder and then it will all seperate.......

any ideas........

I'll show you, it perplexed me for a few minutes but it comes away quite easy when you see how. If i remember correctly one of the rings has a cut in it so it simply moves apart at this cut.

Mind not to touch the bulbs as they will burn out quicker with fingerprints etc on them.

ahh i see, i noticed that the plastic ring on the bottom looks like it has a weak point!!

cheers nick ill pm you my mobile number, think ill be fitting them tomorrow night, probably around about half 7

right HID fitted, sorry i never called nick, there was a few guys in work aswell!
fitted an earthing kit to it also, looks realy good, ill get some pics up soon,
thanks guys

I have a question. What way did you put the bulbs in. Did you put the wee bit on the outside if the buld at the top bottom etc.

mr_sport

hi, i put the bit that sticks out (the little protective cover for the wire that runs on the outside of the bulb) at the top when fitting it......

otherwise it wouldnt slide in to the slot.

have you fitted one aswell???

hello my friend, i got the 6k HIDs :D
where can i get the mathching parts as i cant seem to get to it using your link?????

hello my friend, i got the 6k HIDs :D
where can i get the mathching parts as i cant seem to get to it using your link?????

Dont know what happened that link mate try this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-T...IT-H1-35w_W0QQitemZ280387533155QQcmdZViewItem

If you just email these guys and tell them you need 6000k main beam bulbs to match your hid kit and xenon side light bulbs too, nothing looks worse than the standard yellow with the crisp light of hid imo, if you have fogs id get another hid kit for them, seen one done before, looks :cool:

hi, i put the bit that sticks out (the little protective cover for the wire that runs on the outside of the bulb) at the top when fitting it......

otherwise it wouldnt slide in to the slot.

have you fitted one aswell???

Yes I got some other week and fitted them. The reason that I asked is because my bulbs seem to shine to the left hand side of the road.

Does that happen to anyone else or have i dont something else. Also my passenger side light does not always turn on first time and i need to restart the lights. Any ideas. ( I have spliced the connections)

thanks

mr_sport

mine shine slightly to the left also mate, i think thats because of the way the headlight itself is sitting as if it was facing to the right it would blind oncoming traffic!

as for it not working every time, i just plugged the connections in and secured them using electrical tape, i would check your splices again and also the connections to the ballasts mate.

Back