• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID on YESSSSSSSSS

new221fd5.jpg

new222bh5.jpg

new223yw8.jpg

darren5qv3.jpg

I have put some pics up of where i put ballists Very tidy & out of the way 8) . Not the best pic to show of hid as was taken in daylight. The hid i got on are 6000k & are white with purple tinge to the light. This is the latest kit from hid4u.co.uk. It cost me £190 because i bought a month old kit of my m8 8) I think u can get kit at hid4u for £225 if you mention forum. Performance is out of this world I saw myself comming towards a shop window & as car bounced up & down was getting the intense purple/white flashes 8) Visability has improved by so much The stock bulbs & piaa range & many after market bulbs that i have tried are crap compared to hid 8) . The lights really are the dogs bits & they look much better & brighter than most of the OEM HID in other cars i compared to on the road. & people get out your way quick :twisted: :lol:

Snap, both j5c and I have these too. They're great.

One of my mates is selling some (i've advertised them on here for him) £200.

BTW - I was driving alongside an Audi TT with Xenons, I got a direct comparison of his lights vs mine. Result was, HIDs are brighter and have a longer range and they are considerably whiter. His lights looked yellowy on the ground, mine looked white. That'd go someway to backing up what is said about lots of manufacturers using 4300k HIDS not 6000K which is about as near as you can get to white.

This is somethign the CTR should have got as standard IMO.

CTR_Paul said:
BTW - I was driving alongside an Audi TT with Xenons, I got a direct comparison of his lights vs mine. Result was, HIDs are brighter and have a longer range and they are considerably whiter. His lights looked yellowy on the ground, mine looked white. That'd go someway to backing up what is said about lots of manufacturers using 4300k HIDS not 6000K which is about as near as you can get to white.

Are you sure it had xenons, iirc TT180's don't have them as standard... The xenons on my fabia are proper white with a hint of blue on the edge of the beam... 8)

Neily03 said:
Are you sure it had xenons, iirc TT180's don't have them as standard... The xenons on my fabia are proper white with a hint of blue on the edge of the beam... 8)

Gonna have to order some of these as after a night time drive in the Fabia i cant see anything now driving the CTR
AC :)

andycole said:
Gonna have to order some of these as after a night time drive in the Fabia i cant see anything now driving the CTR
AC :)

They have arrived, just need to fit the beauties now!!
AC :lol:

Now fitted and dipped is great!!! main beam is not so good though as no light is cast on the road??

Hope HIDS4U can sort me out ASAP as its not good at the mo.
AC :?

Back