• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HIDS

Stood out in the freezing cold to fit my hids, got them in alright but still not sure where to mount the ballists.....noticed in another thread someone removed the plastic trim and put them in there, how easy is this and can you hide them under it?

Oh and velcro + cold = Non sticky backing lol i was too keen:p

mate on the near side i.e the pavement side, if you have a supporting bracket then bend the bracket 90 degrees about 3/4 of the way up and attach it to the battery clamp screw that is alredy there. allowing the ballast to sit flush with the headlight,
ill get photos up and you will understand more!!!!

on the drivers side, i drilled a 6mm hole, identical to the point where the battery clamp was on the opposite side and attached it there, allowing for the 90 degree angle to sit out of the way of any moving parts.

Stood out in the freezing cold to fit my hids, got them in alright but still not sure where to mount the ballists.....noticed in another thread someone removed the plastic trim and put them in there, how easy is this and can you hide them under it?

Oh and velcro + cold = Non sticky backing lol i was too keen:p

I've never done it myself but I always imagined people meant the plastic trim down the side of the bonnet opening.
So if you are looking at the engine from the front they run vertically away from you on either edge of the engine bay.
I don't think these are present on prefacelift models.

But like I say, never done it... yet... :smt047

His in box is full.. Typical lol. All I need to know is what's the difference between 35w and 55w and which one I need.. Any ideas?

I'm running 35W hids, picked them as they consume less power but still give better light output over standard 55W bulbs

So does that mean how bright the bulbs are? The larger the number the brighter they are? In that case I guess it doesn't matter what number I get.. I take it it's the kw number like 6,000kw that determines the colour of the beam..

i believe thats right, obviously 10W house light bulb puts less light out that a 50W bulb

4000k is the brightest anything either side of that gets darker
hidctc_colortone.jpg

Thanks mate that's a great help! I'll get their 35 or 55 w bulbs at 6000k. What are your sfs hoses.. You got a picture?

What are your sfs hoses.. You got a picture?

my sfs hose is the induction red one, chris is trying to get a group buy going in the group buy forum, you can see a picture on mine if you click the link in my signature, bottom of my first post is an image of my engine bay

You have 2 options.

For a neat OEM install its a bumper off job.

If you want to keep it simple mount them on the slam panel.

In 2004 when I did the 'how to' I put them up high near the suspension struts but they can get a little damp.

PM me if you ever need any spares or 55w digital upgrades.

HTH

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Back