• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

hippy43's Satin EP3

Well I've been here a while now so I thought it's about time I actually started a members car thread.

I've owned my CTR for five years but have only started to modify it about 12 months ago. When purchased she only had 7k on the clock, I've put on a further 60k. It's my daily drive so is used on a daily basis.

With the mod I've chosen so far I am going down a well trodden path so don't expect anything out of the ordinary.

Mods so far
Gruppe M
Spoon N1 backbox
Supersprint silenced B pipe
OEM wheels powder-coated in black sparkle
Cosworth StreetMaster front brake pads
Skunk2 heavy billet gear knob
Energy engine mount inserts
Calipers painted red
Mugen Socks (15bhp versions :lol: )
Eibach Pro Lowering springs
Eibach front camber bolts
DME rear camber arms
SuperPro Poly bushes (inc. caster adjustment) Front
Grinspeed FRSU
M-Factory helical LSD
Hel braided brake lines (Blue denim)
Tegiwa brake stopper
Aluminum shifter bushes

23ih1rk.jpg

5l0txh.jpg

21od79c.jpg

2eukdi0.jpg

9u6o76.jpg

I've also got a few minor dings (can't really see in the pics) and a shed load of stone chips so a front end respray or wrap might be on the cards.
Pictures taken on a crap camera so please excuse the quality. Any criticisms are welcomed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:

That's a pretty late Prefacelift. Facelift's squeeze onto 53's easily, so 04 plates are well and truly Facelift territory.

:cool:

That's a pretty late Prefacelift. Facelift's squeeze onto 53's easily, so 04 plates are well and truly Facelift territory.

Yeah was registered late. When I bought it I paid a lot less ( and I mean a lot) than same mileage/year face lifts.

I do honestly prefer the look of PFL's anyway so it was a good deal at the time for me.

Yeah was registered late. When I bought it I paid a lot less ( and I mean a lot) than same mileage/year face lifts.

I do honestly prefer the look of PFL's anyway so it was a good deal at the time for me.

Yeah me too bud. My Premier's Prefacelift too LOL.

Looks sweet; good mods too.

Thank you TypeRiter, your build up thread is epic :smt023:

Sorry to hear about your latest bad luck, hope the insurance doesn't give you too much hassle.

FL PFL's FTW :lol:

Thank you TypeRiter, your build up thread is epic :smt023:

Sorry to hear about your latest bad luck, hope the insurance doesn't give you too much hassle.

FL PFL's FTW :lol:

No biggy man.

Thanks.

My build? Well... The build thread is pretty epic; full of a lot of bullsh!t banter TBH LOL.. The build is... aight I suppose. :)

Does look really nice. Wheels look a really nice colour are they anthracite? (sp)

Starting to warm to PFL's now, didn't really like them before I came on here, but they're growing on me:)

Think I might order some eibach springs today (payday woohoo!) To go with the normal eibach or the ABP ones. Got to think about weather I could get up my drive with APB's as it's quite a sharp incline.

If it's any help, I'm lowered about 25mm all round - and I struggled to get on to the driveway at our old place.

I had to reverse up on the kerb, rather than reverse up the driveway as the front always scraped.

I think the ABP springs look better, but they'll cause problems around town IMO.

This might be all the reason I need to get the Spoon springs as they are only a 20mm drop. It's just that they are double the price.

Spoon Springs are about the same drop as the Tein springs (which I have) - the Spoons are a little lower at the back - compared to the Tein's, which I would have preferred - the fronts are nigh on the same, interms of height though.

Nice car bud love the wheels! If you go for the 30mm abp springs you will get scrapes over some speed bumps, since I had mine the majority of ocean plaza car park in southport is out of bounds now.

Unbelievable, I spend most of yesterday removing scratches out of one side of the car only to come out of work tonight to discover this on the other side.

30t767s.jpg

I've got some good stuff that should pretty well get rid of it. Could not believe it, yesterdays task was to address the scratches I aquired about 12 months ago from brushing the gates at work. The very next day this happens. :(

Back