• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 History check of imported DC5 before it gets to UK ?

Hi all, anyone know if there is a way of checking the history of an import DC5 (OR ANY OTHER) before it comes over here ?

Is there a Jap equivalent to our car check EG - HPI REPORT written off/stolen etc.

I know there graded but it says nothing else about past crashes etc......they obviously do get crashed but are they repaired and to what standard ?

ATB

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
don't know about that. but if you get any japanese docs i can get them translated for you.

don't know about that. but if you get any japanese docs i can get them translated for you.

Yeah thanks for the offer rossy, iv'e put a deposit on one and while i'm waiting (BIG SIGH) for it to get over here iv'e realized anything could of happened to it in the past.......I might add its coming from a very reputable importer though.

Seem's to me you can buy a BDM car and find out through HPI but is there a way of history check on imports, would you get that sort of info with the car as you dont here.

Or am i worrying unnecessarily !!!

ATB

Worry Guts

put your mind at ease this way.

lets say you are buying a £15 grand 3 year old beemer. you HPI it like a boy scout, it comes up clear. no accidents right? wrong. guy could have backed it into a hedge and got a grand or twos work done at private bodyshop. no need for insurance involvement and the car has still had a prang. HPI check for crash damage helps sure but it doesn't mean no prangs.

Exactly my thought's on none insurance disclosure as well.

I suppose its the old saying BUYER BEWARE.....Before the spondulers change hands.

"spondulers" not heard that for a while. where abouts you from, looks like my part of the world.

Back