• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda #2 FN2 GT

Will write a review of these after a few hundred miles then over a thousand or so to let people know how they hold up and whether or not I can recommend them as they're quite abit cheaper than stoptech etc. My car won't see a track but it will get worked hard when conditions allow so time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you smoothed the air box yet Col?
Nice free mod

Love the look of the new brakes chief. Be interested to hear write ups in due course

Mugen wing looks the nuts...and yet so discrete ;)

Thanks JMR and yeah I smoothed the air box but now I've got an hks induction kit.

Thanks JMR and yeah I smoothed the air box but now I've got an hks induction kit.

I've been so tempted by the HKS myself, I know Loxy thought highly of it, and my mate at work had a FN2 with the HKS RSK and a HKS Legamax and thought it was the nuts. :cool:

Mines the RSK. Can't recommend it enough great bit of kit. Got mine second hand from a member on here.

OK so as promised a little review of the k sport bbk. What a difference! These brakes are so much better than stock! ( to be expected realy) gives way more confidence late braking without the fear of brake fade. I went for EBC yellow pads as an upgrade and they give good bite even when cold. Still haven't been able to really test them as weather conditions so far havnt permitted a "proper" ride out but from my experience so far I'm sure they won't let me down. As for track use I don't know how they would hold up apposed to the likes of stoptech etc but they are definitely more than enough for road use. Oh and IMO they look the dogs bollocks crammed behind the wheels!

Also another update had my car down to TDI north a few weeks ago for ecutek remapping. Mid range in lower gears has massively improved but 4th onwards you get the noise of vtec engagement and doesn't feel that much different over stock if I'm honest. This may be down to the fact my car doesnt realy have any supporting mods. (Paul at tdi actually said adding an exhaust would peobably see me good for another 10bhp and torque increase) But if your shifting through the gears it realy does shift now! Not by any means disappointed with this and the flat floor shifting and rev matching options are great!

Also another update had my car down to TDI north a few weeks ago for ecutek remapping. Mid range in lower gears has massively improved but 4th onwards you get the noise of vtec engagement and doesn't feel that much different over stock if I'm honest. This may be down to the fact my car doesnt realy have any supporting mods. (Paul at tdi actually said adding an exhaust would peobably see me good for another 10bhp and torque increase) But if your shifting through the gears it realy does shift now! Not by any means disappointed with this and the flat floor shifting and rev matching options are great!

Great fun isn't it.

I know what you mean about 4th onwards. You'll notice it in the lower gears too as you get more used to it. I think it's because you get vtec engagement earlier but doesn't make as big a difference as it does later in the Rev range eg at 6k.

In the lower gears on mine I feel a kick at 4k then a larger one at about 6k.

What peak power did you get? 220ish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great fun isn't it.

I know what you mean about 4th onwards. You'll notice it in the lower gears too as you get more used to it. I think it's because you get vtec engagement earlier but doesn't make as big a difference as it does later in the Rev range eg at 6k.

In the lower gears on mine I feel a kick at 4k then a larger one at about 6k.

What peak power did you get? 220ish?

That's exactly how I find mine with the way vtec engages. And it made 217 peak.

Very good. Time to buy lots of parts and release some more ponies

Buying parts is abit on hold at the moment. Got a wedding to pay for now. I'm sure I will still manage a few things this year hopefully. Will just have to do more graft. Still undecided on getting exhaust, worried about drone at cruising speeds. Quite nice when it's quiet on long journeys but it is lacking that bit sound so it's not out of the question

That's what I should have done. Finish car then propose. Things will still get done just not as soon as I would of liked.

Loving your car by the way.
Where did you get the spoiler from?
Where did you get the new sills from too?

Thanks

Loving your car by the way.
Where did you get the spoiler from?
Where did you get the new sills from too?

Thanks
Thank you. I think the sills were from honda and bought sill stickers from eBay. Spoiler is the type R kits rep.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice car and great what you have done with it!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Sadly I've not done much else with it at the moment. Thinking mugen wings and gp front with mugen rear eventually.

I'm just waiting to get my type r kits spoiler painted and fitted. What do you think of the quality? Did it come in good condition? Is the wing carbon?
Sadly I've not done much else with it at the moment. Thinking mugen wings and gp front with mugen rear eventually.

I'm just waiting to get my type r kits spoiler painted and fitted. What do you think of the quality? Did it come in good condition? Is the wing carbon?

Mine was 2nd hand. Quality is realy good and perfect fitment. Blade is just piano black but I know they do a carbon blade for it.

Mine was 2nd hand. Quality is realy good and perfect fitment. Blade is just piano black but I know they do a carbon blade for it.

Nice! Thanks! Yes mine is the carbon wing. Still wrapped so not even had a look at it!

Back