• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Civic EP3 Air Intake

Hi,

Looking to upgrade from the standard air box on my EP3. Any got any suggestions on a decent air intake for the EP3, do not want to spend too much. Something which will give in a decent noise from the standard air box and will not harm the engine also.

Also any views on the Hondata mod.

Thanks

Hondadata air of mod is a good cheap option, otherwise I'd go for the tegiwa carbon intake , open cone filters such as the k&n typhoon give a great induction noise but suffer with heatsoak ,

The AEM V2 makes lots of noise, the ITG Maxogen is quieter and pretty effiicent - the Mugen version is a crazy £800 ....... but plenty in between!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mugen or ARC for closed boxes, Tegiwa M or Gruppe M are good but the scuttle is a pain.

I have the AEM long arm that terminates in front of the passenger wheel, works very well for me if cleaned every few months, great compromise at around £200. and well away from the engine.

Regards
Baz

I have the aem v2 short ram on my car. I used to have the hondata mod box with a drop in filter and large bore intake pipe. Car drive better with more kick in vtec with the aem. I have only noticed a bit of heatsoak in traffic mid summer.

I have the AEM long arm that terminates in front of the passenger wheel, works very well for me if cleaned every few months, great compromise at around £200. and well away from the engine.

Regards
Baz

Hi

Looking into getting the AEM long arm, have you had any issues with it driving in heavy rain from splashes on the filter or heavy rain downpour as I have come across threads which say it is prone to hydrolock due to its location.

thanks

Hi

Looking into getting the AEM long arm, have you had any issues with it driving in heavy rain from splashes on the filter or heavy rain downpour as I have come across threads which say it is prone to hydrolock due to its location.

thanks
This was answered in your other thread.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

So, I know this topic gets discussed all the time.

Here is my predicament, I need some advice.. I'm all about the vtec cross over and sound of the induction, not too fussed with +\- a few BHP..

Tegiwa - sounds immense but I hate the ugly scoop under the wiper blade.
AEM CAI - I know the hydrolock 'concern' is discuss over and over, but I would be constantly freak out when a English downpour occurs.
AEM v2 - removes freaking out over hydrolock but doesn't sound as good as the Tegiwa. Can only go by YouTube videos and some sound amazing and some don't.

Spent hours browsing through forums and watching YouTube clips for sound and switch my decision on all 3, regularly!

I know no one will have the answer.... but try?

I'm guessing the Tegiwa minus the scoop wouldn't be effective..anyone got this combo?

So, I know this topic gets discussed all the time.

Here is my predicament, I need some advice.. I'm all about the vtec cross over and sound of the induction, not too fussed with +\- a few BHP..

Tegiwa - sounds immense but I hate the ugly scoop under the wiper blade.
AEM CAI - I know the hydrolock 'concern' is discuss over and over, but I would be constantly freak out when a English downpour occurs.
AEM v2 - removes freaking out over hydrolock but doesn't sound as good as the Tegiwa. Can only go by YouTube videos and some sound amazing and some don't.

Spent hours browsing through forums and watching YouTube clips for sound and switch my decision on all 3, regularly!

I know no one will have the answer.... but try?

I'm guessing the Tegiwa minus the scoop wouldn't be effective..anyone got this combo?

P.s I'm currently thinking Tegiwa :twisted: Any idea how much TDI north charge to fit? I'd be sure to mess it up, alternatively any recommendations in the midlands? Not many recommended places round here looking through the forum!

P.s I'm currently thinking Tegiwa :twisted: Any idea how much TDI north charge to fit? I'd be sure to mess it up, alternatively any recommendations in the midlands? Not many recommended places round here looking through the forum!

Hi mate, if you want great sound and some power increase go with either AEM cold air induction or tegiwa intake.
If your going for the tegiwa intake why not get booked in at Tegiwa ( TI Motorsport) to buy and to have them fit it. There a great bunch of guys and knowledge is fantastic. I've been there recently and the workmanship is ace. There based in Staffordshire. Hope this helps

Thanks Ricky.

That's a fair old drive also from midlands. I'll get in contact with them and price it up though - appreciate it.

Regards
Steve

I had a gruppe m fitted at Grinspeed in Leyland in February, it will be a bit of a drive for you but Stevie always does an excellent job, well worth the trip.

If area come recommended by you guys, it's seems sensible to pop up there.

Chris, do you know if they stick the Tegiwa there or need to purchase separately?

Sorry I'm not sure, but give Rob there a ring and I'm sure he'll be able to answer.

They share a lot of products with Tegiwa so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get hold of one.

Back