• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

honda health check

hi all i took my ctr to honda today for a health check and it all came back good other than a STIFF CLUTCH ive had the car around 2 months and the clutch seems fine to me no slipping or grinding when changing in to any gears they told me it will need replacing just wondering if anyone can give me some advice.:confused:
thanks

First of all the healthcheck is a complete farce, see my other post. where they missed a brake issue.

As for the clutch issue they also told me I had a stiff clutch and that in the "near future" I may need a new clutch. but without taking it apart could offer no further info. according to a few posts on here and the fact the gears all work fine etc like mine dont worry about the clutch going soon. Just keep putting money away monthly for any big bills and enjoy the type r :)

If the clutch is fine, then it's fine.

My healthcheck was good, said I needed 4 new tyres, 2 bulbs, regassing, and a slight oil leak.

All was true, almost all resolved too.

As said before the healthcheck isn't worth the paper it's printed on IMO I had 3 done and they still missed the fact that the car had a bent wishbone and the CV joint was leaking.
If your not getting any grinding then I wouldn't worry, My clutch is stiff and never get any problems.

Had my ctr serviced at tgm about a year ago & tom said my clutch felt a bit stiff, but nothing to worry about it still running now & no problems.

Back