• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Integra Type R DC5 2003 Trackday project/build **update page 10**

Got Rid of the Evo 9 and bought myself an Integra DC5 on Thursday :)

Im the First registered owner of the car in the UK and its only done 26,000miles
I've have experiences with these cars before as a few mates of mine have had DC2's and DC5's in the past, but never had my own! so this is a new adventure to me.

Current up to date modifications:

Apexi lowered fully adjustable suspension
Mugen front strut brace
Mugen rear strut brace
Front anti roll bar (upper and lower)
Rear anti roll bar (upper and lower)
Track/fast road suspension set up
Fully polybushed
Works VS-XX 18" deep dish rims in Extreme gold
Balanced the wheels again and filled the tyres with nitrogen 2 weeks back.

Tegiwa airbox (GruppeM copy)
Full custom exhaust system with manifold and De-Cat pipe
Uprated radiator
Uprated fuel lines
light weight sports battery

Blitz R-VIT
ATC steering wheel
Carbon Kevlar bonnet with bonnet catches
Full C-West body kit
PIAA aero wipers
Mugen engine filler oil cap
Mugen Coolant cap
Kenwood stereo with upgraded speakers and tweeters

Folding front number plate holder

Stripped out with race seat and 4-point safety harness

let me know what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt that the ECU will have no limiter.

When does VTEC engage?

The rev counter won't be 100% accurate, it's not uncommon for it to be showing close to 8800 when in fact it's only close to 8400. If VTEC is kicking in at 6000 then chances are it's an OEM ECU.

How far have you revved it ?

I've taken it into the red before, front wheels slipped and it shot straight up, wasnt quite 9k but dam close, didn't hit no rev limiter or anything, i did have the Blitz R-VIT bleeping at me.

the only time its hit a limiter is when you rev it in neutral, it limits itself to 5,500rpm, i assume thats something to do with the vtec?

In neutral it's just a rev protection.

Take the revs further, I'm sure it'll hit a limiter. My DC2 revs to 9500 according to my rev counter :)

the only time its hit a limiter is when you rev it in neutral, it limits itself to 5,500rpm, i assume thats something to do with the vtec?

No, that's a safety feature to ensure your valves don't start bouncing about on your bonnet. You have a standard ECU, the limiter will kick in at 8400rpm.

Apart from the rear bumper and lexus lights as you said, i quite like it :) I'm undecided on the wheels though, i'm usually more of an OEM kinda guy

This car has been on sale for ages - I was suprised/stumped as to why no one had picked this up sooner. I wonder why..

It looks very nice - looks heavily modded. If all is good with it - I think it's amazing.

Front bumper is menacing. Work wheels FTW.

Those tailights are Southall specials. Fck that.

Welcome.

Take pics of the parts on the car; we'll identify them soon enough. Intake, exhaustexit etc. Etc.

I'm happy this car is on the forum - the for sale spec was very generic and vague - clearly a lot of money has been spent on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've just missed Mase, he won't be back for around 12 months, but Paul @ TDI North is highly rated.

those wheels would be epic on a rx7.

anyway, i strangely like that :freak:

I like it apart from the rear lights and bumper. Wheels look good IMO, probably because they aren't the Volks/Rota/TD norm.

This car has been on sale for ages - I was suprised/stumped as to why no one had picked this up sooner. I wonder why..

It looks very nice - looks heavily modded. If all is good with it - I think it's amazing.

Front bumper is menacing. Work wheels FTW.

Those tailights are Southall specials. Fck that.

Welcome.

Take pics of the parts on the car; we'll identify them soon enough. Intake, exhaustexit etc. Etc.

I'm happy this car is on the forum - the for sale spec was very generic and vague - clearly a lot of money has been spent on it.

the rear lights are VERY horrible! Ive just bought a pair of standard lights off an eBay guy known as integrastella? he seems to be a popular integra breaker from what I'm hearing. hopefully they'll come before xmas fingers crossed.

I'lltake pictures of the exhaust system next time I've got it on the ramp, i'll have a picture of the intake soon, ill upload it on here for someone to identify!

Back