• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Jazz window washer jet (gromets)

After a recent trip out to knowsley safari park, now i dont know why i was stupid enough to do this, but for some strange and stupid reason, i decided to go into the Baboon section, after removing bits that i thought could be damaged. (Yes, stupid i know).

But anyway, what happened was, one of the baboons decided to jump onto my bonnet, and in doing so, after it was nosying around, it somehow moved the angle of the window washer, so in an attempt to get the little bugger off my car, i squirted it, - and funnily enough, the washer jet blasted it straight into the face, - needless to say, this caused the baboon to go beserk, it went mad, it dived for the other window washer and ripped it clean off, then its mate came over to and attacked the other. Anyway, with that damage the only damage, i swiftly got out of there.

One window washer was missing, - the other was hanging off.

But, I wanted Honda Jazz washer jets anyway.

So, i go up to the local Honda stealers, and pick up a set of them.

But, they didnt have any of those black grommets, washer type things that go inbetween the washer jet and the bodywork. I asked them did they sell them seperate, and they dont.

Thing is, when the baboon ripped one clean off, it also decided to bugger off with the grommet on that side too, - so after removing the existing jet, - im only stuck with one grommet now.

Anyone any idea where i can get one or a new pair?

Or does anyone have a spare or another suggestion?

Sorry about the long read, just thought id explain the situation as it was.

Local scrap yard for sure. I had 2 but I thre themout the other day mate when I was having a clear out. I go them from a Scrap yard.

This post made me LOL especially when you squirted the Baboon in the face :lol:

Not sure if your local motor factors would have these ( just a grommet that could be trimmed into shape) ? Might be worth a shot...

Sorry man this is funny, I went to Longleat and couldn't brave taking my civic in with the monkeys. Fortunately they had an outbreak of herpes and they were shut off anyway.

Best thing to do is try a local scrap yard or like Vtec_wannabe said motorfactors like SC's or part co if you have one local to you

Wouldnt of minded really, as long as the little ba**ard wouldnt of buggered iff with the grommet as well, - they do fit without them, but ones a bit lose.

Will have a look for a motor factors, and also check out a scrap yard.

Thanks for your replies. :)

Maybe buy an EP3 pair, swap the rubber, then when you sell the Jazz ones, you can pop the standard ones in.

Sorry but that really made me laugh!! I had images of the scene in Zoolander when Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson go mental on the computer!!! :lol:

Is it not just a rubber washer? If so, just go to a scrap yard & remove a couple (similar size) off any car then cut to fit.

Sorry but that really made me laugh!! I had images of the scene in Zoolander when Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson go mental on the computer!!! :lol:

Is it not just a rubber washer? If so, just go to a scrap yard & remove a couple (similar size) off any car then cut to fit.

Yep, it is just a washer.

Just found these form during the incident. When i woudn down the window to shew it off, i noticied its teeth, so i changed my mind and just wound the window back up, and watched on in silence. :evil:

25072009653.jpg

26072009714.jpg

26072009716.jpg

I have replaced them with new Honda Jazz washer jets now though, except that due to the missing ep3 washer jet, - i am a grommet / washer short. :evil:

Back