• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Honda Puncture Kit

Hi all, looking for some advice. Only had my car for a week and had to take it in to honda. While i was there they did a free visual health check on it. They came back telling me i didn't have a honda tyre sealant kit in my car. They want £150 for this kit. What do you get in this kit? I do not really want to pay £150 at this time. Can i buy something else a lot cheaper and get an electric tyre pump? What do you guys use?

Thanks, Andy

I take it you drive an FN2?

I have no idea whats in the kit but i would just buy a can of Holts tyre foam /gel for about a tenner.

It's a tub of the sealant gel and the compressor and attachment to use it.

I recently paid for a new tub of the sealant because it has an expiry date and only lasts around three years. The sealant was £28 inc VAT if I recall correctly.

If you want it I'd have a look on eBay, I'm sure some should pop up every now and then. Mr ask Hendy in the trader's section to see what their price is.

If you can get one second hand with the fixing kit yes. It comes with a kit to fasten it down to stop it bouncing around in the under compartment of the boot.

Brand new, it's about £170 I think.

Thanks guys. Think I will go for the space saver. I read that the space saver will not fit on the front wheel, something to do withe breaks, idles anyone know if this is true? Thanks

Correct, the space saver doesn't go over the front calipers.

So if you get a flat on the front, you have to put the spare on the back, and switch the back wheel to the front.

Correct, the space saver doesn't go over the front calipers.

So if you get a flat on the front, you have to put the spare on the back, and switch the back wheel to the front.

Which is really fun when you get a puncture in your front tyre down a creepy, unlit country lane.

Which is really fun when you get a puncture in your front tyre down a creepy, unlit country lane.

In the rain!!

Although I paid extra for the space saver wheel on the FN2, I always questioned if I needed it for the front wheels would actually use it?

Standard size spare wheel complete with tyre

If you can get one second hand with the fixing kit yes. It comes with a kit to fasten it down to stop it bouncing around in the under compartment of the boot.

Brand new, it's about £170 I think.

Hi John

I've purchased an almost new standard size spare rim complete with tyre despite having the sealant with the car, obvious question in that I know the space saver fits but will the full size 18" wheel fit into the "well" and presumably I'd need the fittings to do so. Only five weeks to go and then I can actually see the car!!

Temperatures in this neck of the woods forecast is between 50 - 70 degrees in the next two months, pleased I'll be away from it for three weeks, my company 4 x 4 is always parked in the shade and normally 45 + when I get in to drive around 3.30pm.:cool:

Allan

I've not tried it myself, but some people do carry a full sized spare in the well area so it must fit. I don't think there is an "off the shelf" way to secure it though, so you'll have to be creative!

Hi John

Many thanks for your reply as you've said I'll need to look at the car when I return back to UK, as you've pointed out other people have done so shouldn't be a hassle my main concern was dropping into the wheel well especially whenever my wife and I decide to go somewhere for a good run such as Lubeck in Germany, don't think I'd fancy the sealant for that kind of journey.

Allan

Back