• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata gasket?

Okay,

I have a nice hondata gasket here and a RBC intake almost ready to be installed.

The problem is, the hondata gasket port size is larger than the "RBC manifold's runner" size.
I was wondering if the port size on the engine head are equal to the hondata or are they smaller?

I ask this because I'm intending to port 'n' polish the RBC to the same size as the intakes on the k20a2 head.
So is the hondata IMG the same size as the k20a2 head ports?

If nobody knows, I can check myself but it would save a ot of hassle if I knew on before.

Thanks alot!

It's designed to fit directly, without any port matching.

Port & polish on RBC is wasted time, as the RBC already flows more than enough air than a stock K20 head would require.

I can't say I fully agree on this James...

A polish will always free up something... at least some extra throttle response. Can't say it's a waste of time, the machine does the job :)

I can't say I fully agree on this James...

A polish will always free up something... at least some extra throttle response. Can't say it's a waste of time, the machine does the job :)

You do know that polishing can sometimes have a detrimental effect on airflow?

You do know that polishing can sometimes have a detrimental effect on airflow?

This.

Could end up losing power because you think you know what you're doing.

The RBC already flows more than enough for a stock K20A2 head. So if you give it even more flow, you're wasting your time/money/and possibly losing power.

Now if you had some aggressive cams, high compression pistons/valves, then the car would need more air, so you would then see a benefit.

But if I had sick cams and high comp, I wouldn't be using a RBC; I'd be using ITBs.

You are both partially correct

each cilinder needs equal air feed, so if runner 1, 2 and 4 are done perfect, but 3 has some faults, cilinder 3 would receive less air than the other 3, resulting in power loss indeed.
However! When done by using a flowbench, there is no way a polish would harm in any way, it would only benefit, and I'd bet money on that!

However, since I'm not running crazy cams, pistons... I'd might step away from the idea.
Thanks for the advice

The extar power you would see from a RBC would be minimal anyway.

Unless, you have, as said, IHE then throttle body and maybe cams, even then its not worth it IMO.

I looked at going for a RBC intake on my old EP3, but was advised not too by my tuner due to the ££/bhp offered.

As James as siad, if you want to go further, bypass the RBC and just get some headwork and ITB's, thats serious NA power.

The extar power you would see from a RBC would be minimal anyway.

Unless, you have, as said, IHE then throttle body and maybe cams, even then its not worth it IMO.

I looked at going for a RBC intake on my old EP3, but was advised not too by my tuner due to the ££/bhp offered.

As James as siad, if you want to go further, bypass the RBC and just get some headwork and ITB's, thats serious NA power.

Already have the RBC, got it from the USA at a cost I just couldn't NOT buy it :)
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?72423-RBC/page3

Was just wondering if port 'n' polish would benefit my car, but seems some can't agree on a port 'n' polish worth the time.
So I'll be installing it plug 'n' play.

ITB's are no option (totally NOT road legal) due to stupid regulations in this stupid burocratic country, rules designed to keep CO2 emissions and dB's low, written by people driving BMW 645's and such at the cost of the tax payer.

To be fair, the OP didn't ask if a Port & Polish was worth it originally.

Back