• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata Intake Gasket fitting and ICV cleaning?

On Saturday my CTR for the first time started hunting. I pulled fuse 6 under the bonnet and reset the ECU by taking the car for a drive and letting it sit until the fans came on. It has been fine since but i was led to believe if the CTR is hunting then the main culprit is the ICV so this week i will be pulling the throttle body and giving the ICV a clean. will WD40 do instead of Carb Cleaner?

While i have the throttle body off i was thinking of fitting a Hondata Intake Gasket that i bought years ago. I have read that sandwiching it between two OEM Intake Gaskets is a better way to fit it. I have also heard it is a nightmare to get the Intake off but as i am just fitting the gasket can i not just take the bolts off from the Intake to the engine and pull the Intake back a bit to place the gaskets in position?

Wouldn't consider intake off being a big job. I wouldn't use two oem gaskets between it. It's a gasket itself, not a manifold spacer.

Ok mate. I just read on here that the sandwich method was a good way to keep the temperature down. I will have more of a read up to remove the intake completely as now i think about it i may have to clean the surfaces on the intake and engine where the gasket goes to get a proper seal.

Ok mate. I just read on here that the sandwich method was a good way to keep the temperature down. I will have more of a read up to remove the intake completely as now i think about it i may have to clean the surfaces on the intake and engine where the gasket goes to get a proper seal.

Quick lick of a fine grit sandpaper will sort that. Spacing a manifold will bring intake temps down slightly as well as slightly lowering compression. However the Hondata gasket is what 0.8 - 1.3 mm? I don't think it'd even affect it tbh. If that's what you're looking for, try find a company who does manifold spacers machined from single piece insulative materials and then yes sandwich it between two gaskets to get the best seal. I've bought such a piece for my Impreza. It's 8mm and is made from Phenolic Resin and comes with extended 8mm bolts but the person who made it it's only doing them for Imprezas atm and he's in Ireland.

Back