• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

hondata k100 or unichip

hey, i have a 2003 ep3, got a k n N typhoon, japspeed manifold, japspeed de-cat and a powerflow exhaust system.. i was thinkin between uni chip or k100 re-map but not sure as kpro is much more expensive.. which tune would give me the best gains with the set-up i have??

do you see a real gain from having these upgrades ? as i'm not in to loud exhausts and i'm pretty standard, but would have this done if it was really noticeable

It's worth getting it done even with a standard car.
It smooths out the car as you gain a fair bit more mid-range.

yeah it gained a little more torque mid range, when i had it de-catted it definetly gained power, but when i added the japspeed manifold to the de-cat i lost some power as it has to be mapped, jus waitin for a cheque then im gona get down to artech been quoted £680

got a k n N typhoon, japspeed manifold, japspeed de-cat and a powerflow exhaust system..

aa.jpg

Not that the manifold as an individual item is a bad idea, just that the brands that you have gone for (K&N, Japspeed, and Powerflow) are cheap crap better suited to you average Saxo or Corsa, not a proper Japanese hot hatch.. The consesus being that you should think about replacing your current set-up for better quality products before spending money on a re-map..

I understand were you are coming from, But you can spend endless amounts of money on parts for your cars... it all comes down to the money.. im not looking for a mega increase in power, i want to gain around 20-30bhp with the current mods and a re-map do you think that is possible or would i be wasting my money on the map..

The other thing i was going to do was take the manifold off and put the oem one back on and jus run it with a de-cat.. i say this because when i added the manifold to the decat i felt a loss in power?? maybe this is due to the quality of the product or that i need the engine mapping to the manifold??

Back