• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How dirty was my air filter !!??

JMR

TRO Supporter
Popped the bonnet and checked the condition of the air filter this weekend

:eek::eek::eek:

Holy sh!t, it was filthy!!!

Straight on the phone this morning to my local dealer and picked a new one up. (£20)

22k miles of filtering looks like this

Should look like this

Top of filters, new and old

Underside of filters

Honda Part No with old filter bagged ready for the bin

Hoping to see a bit of an improvement in power and MPG after that :rolleyes:

Perhaps a K&N filter next time? think i paid £40 + £10 for the cleaning it, been using it for over 3 years with no problems.

Don't know about gains but the cleaning kit i estimate it will do 6+ cleans, saving you money in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
My pollen filter looked like that a couple weeks back. Makes me gag thinking about the shít I could've been breathing in :lol:

I've heard that some of the 'oiled' (foam?) filters such as K&N and the likes can cause havoc with the sensors in various Hondas??

I've got a CR-Z at the moment. Never upgraded the EP3 air filter during the four years that I had it, so wouldnt know. (Just replaced it with the genuine Honda one every other service)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps a K&N filter next time? think i paid £40 + £10 for the cleaning it, been using it for over 3 years with no problems

Just bought a K&N replacement panel.
£31 inc free delivery from JJC Race and Rally.
Have out the oem one in the cupboard for when im cleaning the k&n.

Done about 100 miles in it.
Not a massive difference, sounds a bit gruffer, more rorty, seems to be a bit more responsive at low revs, not much though.

Cant notice much power difference, mpg is climbing though.

Im sure i have read somewhere, that air filters were not fitted as standard.

Discovered mine ['53 plate EP3] didnt have any either when it came to changing them !!!

In my honda service history its got a tick next to pollen filter
but it didnt have one when i changed it?

Hi, last time I got my ep3 serviced they said the pollen filter was missing. Is it worth getting one? Thanks

Mine is prefacelift with a/c
and mine did not have one when i serviced it and i put one in

My PFL has always had them and I've never found a receipt to say that they were bought and put in....my cars previous keepers were all females so I doubt they would've looked.

Hmmm. Curious. Maybe it was put in by a Honda tech who didn't realise. Either way its mot the end if the world. I don't have one and I haven't died. Danga has one and he hasn't died.

But, my lungs are perfectly clear of all mini particles :lol: that means you will have an early death.

Back