• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how do you lot wash your car

dappastyle

Extreme Darryl
Is there a method to your obbession?

I'm gonna clean mine in about 30 mins, I was just wondering what tips you lot would suggest?

obviously roof downwards, right?

can u use washing up liquid? (that's a serious question) lol

Dappa please tell me your joking with this thread right? :lol:

Washing up liquid :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL - Can't believe you need help with this mate! :lol:

I was told washing up liquid has salt in it (?) so not to use it? Dunno how true this is tho. :?

I use car shampoo, or Radox bubble bath, which ever is handy! :lol:

SOates82 said:
http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-home.html

£500 for a 15hr wash... might be worth it once a year at the start of summer 8)

wtf! that's nuts.

lmao, i have a friend who washes his car with washing up liquid and says it's fine :shock:

dappastyle said:
SOates82 said:
http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-home.html

£500 for a 15hr wash... might be worth it once a year at the start of summer 8)

wtf! that's nuts.

lmao, i have a friend who washes his car with washing up liquid and says it's fine :shock:
What colours his car, I'm guessing its not black :!: don't use washing up liquid, its makes the car look worst than before the wash! I've tried it only once, then drive to the shop and purchased car shampoo and washed again.

it costs about £4 for a semi decent shampoo.

I'm using this its no way near the best but it did the job :)
00002761.jpg

Code:
Turtlewax Extreme Wash/Wax 500ml  	 
  	Item code: 680033-0

price   £3.99 (inc. VAT

Whatever you do never wash cars with washing up liquid, its not good from what I was told :?

Best stuff to use is the Megs Gold Class or NXT Car Wash, they are both excellent and gives a great shine even without waxing, also beeds off water when you rinse and smells nice too :D

Use that with a Megs wash mit and you can't go far wrong, alot softer than using a sponge so is more kinder to your paintwork on the car.

I rinse(Jet wash preferably) the car off first everywhere to loosen/get off the loose dirt etc... then I wass the roof first, front window, bonnet, rear boot, then work my way down the sides, start with the rear quarter panel first, then from the window down on the door, then I do the other side the same, then the rear bumper and last of all the side skirts. Then I will get an older sponge or mit and go around and wipe inside the arches, under the side skirts, also clean inside the doors and boot lid, then rinse off making sure all the suds are out the nuts and crannies and dry off using the megs microfibre drying towel.

Job done

Carl

Heheheheh - washing up liquid????? :shock:
Actually that would be cool - imagine how many bubbles you'd get.....hours of fun!!!!

Washing up liquid?? :shock: :shock:

You can't be serious......but if you are, washing up liquid gets rid of grease yes? Wax is like grease so you are just washing the wax off IMO.

It is good for cleaning the wheels though. :wink:

I think the problem with Washing liquid is the salt content :shock:

But personally I would never even consider it, and it I would not try and rush cleaning my car, as you increase the chance of scratcing it with grit etc.

I hose it down 1st to get rid of the grit,

Then use Mequires shampoo, to clean the car, if the car is dirty I can use between 2-3 buckets worth.

Then I rinse the suds off with buckets of water, its better than hosing it off as it will take the wax with it :(

Then finally I use a shammy to remove the water

Job done. Generally only takes just under a hour, if the car isnt't too dirty.

Back