• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How Easy Is It To Fit An Exhaust?

v500dj

Formerly Hpool_CTR
What tools will i need to use? I am going toinvest in a half decent jack and some ramps so i can get under the car if this is an easy job!

thanks

Daryl

Where are you getting the jack and stands from?

I think even I could fit a backbox :lol:

But manifold I very much doubt I'd be able to.

I think even I could fit a backbox :lol:

But manifold I very much doubt I'd be able to.

:) i think it would be simple but i was going to take my Spec 3 off, sell it but put my standard on then buy a fujitsubo legalis r, i figured it would be more convenient and cheaper to buy the jack and stands and fit it myself if it was that easy

The exhaust is quite easy to do, only spanners/sockets required and perhaps some WD40, manifold is awkward but still do-able. Axle stands are fine, I wouldn't bother with ramps.

The exhaust is quite easy to do, only spanners/sockets required and perhaps some WD40, manifold is awkward but still do-able. Axle stands are fine, I wouldn't bother with ramps.

never really seen them used before. I am a pure n00b when it comes to cars, i know about parts etc but i am mechanically inept!

can you point me in the direction of a decent set? also how do they work basically

thanks again

Id say Im ok with mechanics. You only need to undo 5 bolts to change the cat back. The hardest part was to get the exhaust out of the rubbers.

I have also took a manifold off and replaced it to standard. That was a bit tricky, I think that was 5 bolts aswell. You also have to lower the front anti roll bar.

Where abouts do you live? If you are local I could help out. Im in the midlands.

Jamie

far from local mate, up north in Hartlepool where nobody seems to have a CTR :D

I will have a go. I usually use my dewalt cordless screwdriver and wrench bits but would i need to use manual tools to get me in the places.

With regards to axle stands i have read about sealey and they seem a decent price but not sure what quality they will have, don't fancy having the car cave my chest in

I fitted a Manifold, downpipe, decat, buddyclub cat-back in the multi storey carpark at uni with only a normal jack :D

far from local mate, up north in Hartlepool where nobody seems to have a CTR :D

I will have a go. I usually use my dewalt cordless screwdriver and wrench bits but would i need to use manual tools to get me in the places.

With regards to axle stands i have read about sealey and they seem a decent price but not sure what quality they will have, don't fancy having the car cave my chest in

TBH mate if you need to buy stands etc then you may be better off going to a local exhaust centre and asking then how much it would cost for them to do it.

You would have to use a a socket set at least.

I would never get under a car with just the standard jack that come with the car, thats asking to get crushed.

I put on my Spec IV with no probs except for the bolts being a bit rusty. And i am a NUMPTY when it comes to cars. Only thing i borrowed was a ramp at my mates garage, he just stood there and watched, and laughed his ass off when i scraped the skin off my knuckles:evil: . Took me about 1 hour 15 mins.:D

N3YL B fitted his spec IV and dc race header on his, said it wasn't that hard of a job. Try asking him. I also did my spoon N1 in about half an hour, like jamieC said, its the rubbers which are quite tough.

I tried doing mine yesterday, no luck what so ever!

Took it to a garage this morning and they fitted a superspring B pipe for me, the nuts on the cat were so rusted on that they had to heat them up before they could undo them.

Back