• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How long soes it take for you too clean your car??

It will take up most of my Sunday as I do it in stages.

Bugger all else to do on a Sunday.

Hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend actually.

I might have a go at these bloody 04' seat covers :x :lol:

A "quick" wash and wax/polish will take me about 2.5hrs.

Never really had a chance to do the full works ie including engine bay etc

:?

I've given up spending ages cleaning the car. It only gets dirty again the next day :( Stupid black cars *kicks tyres*

Normally just take it to the jet wash.

Think I'll be labelled as sad, but for a proper clean (inside, outside, tyres, engine bay, clay bar/wax) it'll probably top 8hrs on an average day :roll: This will happen every month or two.

That is punctuated with lots of drink breaks :lol:

Wash it about twice a week, 10mins each time, so not that much really.

I'm not an anorak, honest :oops: :wink: :D

About 2 hours for me, but thats normally after the kids have gone to bed, using the garage light and the security light to finish off. Its always a suprise going out in the morning to see which bits I missed... :lol:

Takes me a good 4-5 hours and looking 8) after, so well worth the time.

Not been getting the time in the last month to give her a good clean though :evil: so had to be a couple of short cleans. About 2 hours

If i give it the works, ie engine, wheels removed, 3 stage polish, interior vallet etc, its pretty much an all day thing.

but i can give it a quick was an wax in about 2.5 hours, one of the advatages of keeping the car clean, makes it easier to keep clean

The longest I've ever spent washing a car was 8 hours. I only spent that long as I was getting first photos of it.

Saving up for the full meguiars collection, gonna look great when I've finished.

Black cars are a nightmare though, it's those damn white water marks that get me :evil:

glen8 said:
The longest I've ever spent washing a car was 8 hours. I only spent that long as I was getting first photos of it.

Saving up for the full meguiars collection, gonna look great when I've finished.

Black cars are a nightmare though, it's those damn white water marks that get me :evil:

Did you wash yours in the dark last night mate?
AC :?

I can spend anything from an hour for a quick wash, to an all day afair when doing Inside & Out, Engine Bay, Alloys, Door shuts etc.

this took me two days
aaa.jpg

An hour maybe 2 if i really take my time.

This happens before a meet/show.

Any other time i can't be arsed :lol:

HASNIC said:
An hour maybe 2 if i really take my time.

Same here, around 1.5-2hrs to wash & dry it. If I Wax it Wet then it's finished but if I decide to Claybar or Polish & Wax then add on another hour perhaps. Wiping over the dash with an anti-static cloth to remove the dust takes seconds and vacumming takes only about 15mins 8) I wouldn't spend all day cleaning the car - I'd rather put my feet up!

Between 4-7 hours depending on how hard-core a wash it is :lol:

E.g If I do the interior then the seats come out etc.

Red said:
Between 4-7 hours depending on how hard-core a wash it is :lol:

E.g If I do the interior then the seats come out etc.

Fkin hell!! You mean business don't you?! :shock:

I'll take about an hour, maybe 2 if I do the inside aswell.

KT
x

About an hour!!! I wash my car and 2 days later its filthy dirty again and doesn't even look live its been washed so I think ahhh whats the point.
But if i'm attending something like a wedding or a mates birthday i will spend maybe 2/3 hours making her look lovely :lol:

:lol: Not washed mine in a year 8) :lol: when it comes time to sell ill get it sorted, until then the 3000miles a month im doing just means it gets crapped up :lol:

Back