• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 How Many EP3 Type R's

Hello

Does anyone know how many of previous shape type r's were made. I know it may seem a strange question but I have a high badge number and would like to know how close it is to being the last one. It is a late 55 plate and I have only ever seen 2 06 plate ones.

Thanks in advance

Jim

The badge numbers in the car were random, so you could have a newer car with a lower number.

There were 35,000 Type R EP3's made, for the world market.

Cheers for that.....Yeah I had read that 35000 were made but mine is number 39964 and so wondered what was going on!!!

The badge numbers in the car were random, so you could have a newer car with a lower number.

There were 35,000 Type R EP3's made, for the world market.

I think you'll find that was a joke on one of the forums to wind someone up that never died off. That's why when you order a new serial plate no. it comes blank. :smt047

I think you'll find that was a joke on one of the forums to wind someone up that never died off. That's why when you order a new serial plate no. it comes blank. :smt047

The highest badge number is higher than 35,000 so there were more badges than cars. So it wasn't sequential.

:)

How many EP3's have been written off though? I might keep mine & give it so my unborn son when he's 17 & he'll be like thats a bag 'o' shizer & jump into his solar powered Honda.

How many EP3 Type-Rs

As far as I can ascertain the numbers are sequential. I tried e-mailing Honda of the UK Manufacturing to find out why the serial numbers go up to around 42,000, but the total production figures given on the web are 35,190 (18,033 UK, 12,422 Mainland Europe, 4,735 Japan).

Their reply:

"Thank you for your email regarding the numbering system for the serial number plates fitted to the interior of 2001-2005 Civic Type R models.
For your information, the Civic Type R model is only manufactured here at Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd in Swindon, which means that any other market in the world that wants this car is supplied by us. As a result the serial numbers include those vehicles that are exported."

But I thought the 35,190 already included exports... Where did the other ~7,000 cars go?

As far as I can ascertain the numbers are sequential. I tried e-mailing Honda of the UK Manufacturing to find out why the serial numbers go up to around 42,000, but the total production figures given on the web are 35,190 (18,033 UK, 12,422 Mainland Europe, 4,735 Japan).

Their reply:

"Thank you for your email regarding the numbering system for the serial number plates fitted to the interior of 2001-2005 Civic Type R models.
For your information, the Civic Type R model is only manufactured here at Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd in Swindon, which means that any other market in the world that wants this car is supplied by us. As a result the serial numbers include those vehicles that are exported."

But I thought the 35,190 already included exports... Where did the other ~7,000 cars go?
seriea numbers mean nothing mate they are all just chucked in a box and fitted in the order of whatever the bloke grabs. one car could have number 1 on it the next 20.000 theres no order to it.

Serial Plates

Maybe I'm the only person seeing a pattern, or my sample of seven is just a fluke?

10,053 02 Plate
22,196 03 Plate
29,802 04 Plate
35,393 54 Plate
36,387 05 Plate
39,778 55 Plate Premier Edition
41,829 55 Plate Premier Edition

Doesn't look very random to me...

We should all list our reg year and serial plate numbers that would maybe answer the random question.

I'd post mine, but I dont work in my car, so it will have to be later.

:D

My black 02 was 10,000 something.

My 55 Premier is 41,000 something.

So i would say there is some kind of pattern there.

Looks to me like there is a pattern, cant imagine its that accurate though.

there appears to be a pattern yea
lets get a few people to post there numbers and year and get the original poster to put it in the first post?
maybe start to see it better? just a thought to pass the time on this boring sunday lol

Back