• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How many miles from your front pads?

NickCTR

Moron
Bought my car with 12k on the clock, within 500 miles usage the low level brake pad screechers kicked in. Changed the pads and discs, problem solved. That was just over 12k miles ago, screeching has returned. According to various sources, that usage is well under par?

I don't brake hard often, don't track day etc. How much do you lot get?

When I has my EP3 I got 37.5k out of the orginal front pads. You drive like a granny don't you Nick, go on admit it.

Just replaced mine at the 18k service - still had some life, probably would have survived the 1300 mile trip but would have been pretty marginal on the Ring laps.

I got high 30K miles on my standard pads. About 12K on first set of Ferodos and 10K on the second set but only due to slight binding which I fixed on Saturday.

Still on original rears at 73K miles and original discs all round.

At 17k my front pads where about 35% worn but one of the front brakes had been binding so one pad was about 70% worn like a door stop, fitted new pads and would say was about 40% worn at 30k when the CTR went.

Mine must be binding then, there's been a few times when moving off that there is a clunk as the brakes release their grip, usually the morning after the car has had a wash. How can you tell otherwise that they are binding?

Mine must be binding then, there's been a few times when moving off that there is a clunk as the brakes release their grip, usually the morning after the car has had a wash. How can you tell otherwise that they are binding?

most common is uneven brake wear, I degreased the front callipers were the pads sit and filled the metal ends of the pads so they would move very very easily. I then re-greased the slider pins and put the pads in the a little cooper grease, I never had any more problems and the brakes never squealed either. the clunk after the car wash is normal because the water has caused it mine did it all the time.

Back