• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How much oil does your K20 burn ?

Yea i did have a read through before posting but just wanted to be sure. Well its used a litre over the time ive had it which is about 580miles approx.

Doesn't sound great, just keep an eye on it. Mine has months where all it does is drink and months it doesn't touch it

It could be the grade of oil in it. If it's something thinner like 0w30 it will use more.

If it's due a change try 5w40 and hopefully you'll see an improvement.

Yea to be honest i have been using mobil 0w30. Will try that 5w40 now. Its due a service in 4K and going give it the full hit.
Thanks!

Try changing the oil, same thing happened to me when I was using 5w30. Then I changed 5w40 and just topped up about 250ml for 8k miles.

Yea to be honest i have been using mobil 0w30. Will try that 5w40 now. Its due a service in 4K and going give it the full hit.
Thanks!

I always use Millers XF 5w30 or Motul. This one time halfords were doing a sale on mobil so I tried that and it burnt the **** out of it so never again. Tried Castrol magnatec once aswell and that got burnt a little bit too. I rarely ever have to top up much between services on mine when I use Motul or Millers.

I used the Super 3000 5w30.

Edit. Just doing a price check on what you're using in Halfords over here it's €61 for 4 litres and €22 for 1 litre. Might try it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using castrol 5w30 fst.
I have done 8000 miles approx and topped up just under 3L.
VTEC gets used a lot!

Yeah its a lot! Going to try different oil. Maybe titan 5w40.
Would there be any cause to that much oil burning?
Tbh 5w 30 is a little thin perhaps somthing thicker...

I have been using castrol 5w30 fst.
I have done 8000 miles approx and topped up just under 3L.
VTEC gets used a lot!

Nope that's good. Honda advice that a litre of oil and be used every 800 miles from memory. It's in the manual.

Could just be the Castrol mate. I used the Magnatec once and it burned like *****, too. I'd rarely have to top up when I use millers 5w30 XF Longlife. Also Mobil new life is very good. Dotty uses that one so PM him on it.

The Titan is supposed to be very good too.

I use 0w 30 from edge Castrol. Every 1000miles im about 400ml

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back