• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How often to polish, seal and wax Milano Red

hi all, i've read a few post recently about people worrying/complaining of Milano Red paint fading! i have a 2008 FN2

i would love to avoid this as much as possible! right now i wash it once a week with Autoglym Bodywork!

then once every 6 weeks i wash, polish with SRP, seal with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection and then give it a coat of Dodo Juice Orange Crush! takes feckin ages!

is this enough? does anyone polish and wax more regularly?

Sounds good enough to me..!

You could get spray wax to top it up every week if you're worried.

I use seriousperformance own at the minute. Used to use Dodo Red mist (not a wax but similar protection)

http://www.torquecars.com/articles/polishing-waxing.php

Ive got a milano too and worry about fading but it will really only happen if you neglect it. Which your not doing so I wouldnt even think much about it. A good clay bar now and then and a decent wax (I aim for 3 layers) then I just jet wash and shamy it and its good for 3 or so month before redo the bar/wax combo. Always get mentioned about its clean and sparkle. You could be even more detailed then this but I like the best bang for buck, minimal effort but somthing that can last a month or 2 in the winter. Another worry could be over doing it.

Thanks jodiat, good read! I've never used a clay kit before? Do you clay the entire carnie just the bits you think need it? How long does it usually take you?

I clay my whole carnie when doing it, including my windows, takes me about 30minutes. And because I use Bilt and Hamber mild (only needs water as a lube) you can get away with doing it whenever you feel like.

I clay my whole carnie when doing it, including my windows, takes me about 30minutes. And because I use Bilt and Hamber mild (only needs water as a lube) you can get away with doing it whenever you feel like.

The problem with doing it more often is that you're inevitably going to mar the paint - so it needs re-polishing, preferably by light machine.

I would recommend that you do not just ''jet wash and shammy''

I've clayed the Civic around 3 or 4 times and have only just started to notice visible marring of the paint. Could be because its SS.

Well after 3 months the wax is on its last legs so it becomes easier to clay bar. The clay bar will remove all the wax anyway but if its fresh (wax) and has a few layers youll spend longer using the bar, because youll be folding the bar more to get fresh clay on the surface thats now not got wax on it. I clay all the car. If you drop it on the floor buy another! They cheapo of ebay. It takes quite a while. I jet wash the car 1st clean it with warm water and halfords car shampoo. Then I use the clay in the warm water and use this solution to keep the car lubed. Then I clay the car fully twice 1st is a quick one to get the wax off then the second is a slow but firm action. Then quick jet wash/shammy down. Then wax, leave the wax 30mins to cure and buff off. Follow up with a quick wash wax twice over two weeks, like the following sat/sunday. This gives a nice layer that only needs jet washing to keep looking good for around 3 months. Redo.

The clay is the difference between a clean shiney car and a commented clean shiney car.

The problem with doing it more often is that you're inevitably going to mar the paint - so it needs re-polishing, preferably by light machine.

I would recommend that you do not just ''jet wash and shammy''

Yeah this is true, marring has a few causes and if your not careful over doing things without attention (keep everything clean and dirt free) will marr. Auto car washes are a culprit of paint marring.

Sounds good enough to me! have you tried the new formula AG SRP? alot better than the old one, less dusting and gives better results. Use this followed with a wax or sealant so AG EGP or a wax like collite 478S, this is a hard wax and takes abit of effort but lasts months, great for a winter protection. ;)

Back