• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How the heck is wife's VW Up remote unlocking my EP3?

Title says it all really, every 3rd press of the button or so, opens my doors and flashes the lights! Strange one...She's got a brand new VW UP. Wouldn't have thought the germans spoke jap but there you go :)

I'm guessing you have a PFL Civic? I had the same with mine, my bosses Passat key and my gf's Vauxhall Corsa fob would unlock mine every so often. Rung Honda who basically said it was impossible :lol:

Either way I had some issues with the alarm anyway so paid them to supply and programme two new fobs. Cost just over £100 IIRC. For the sake of guarantee and trying to programme them yourself (it never worked anyway as I tried) you're better off going to a reputable dealership.

I didn't think it was a bad deal either, they programmed them all in properly for me too. I tried reprogramming my own back in but no such luck.

I also had issues with my fobs not unlocking my own car at the same time. Honda said that my fobs set the alarm code (when it locks it) but forgets the code shortly after, or it sets an open code, I forget what they exactly said but they did try all their keys for other cars including their own cars the second time they had mine in the workshop :lol:

Back