• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to buy Gruppe m with discount

Well my GruppeM turned up this morning, no duty to pay as well. Not a bad turn around at all, was sent Friday, delivered Monday thats quicker then most UK online retailers.

Well my GruppeM turned up this morning, no duty to pay as well. Not a bad turn around at all, was sent Friday, delivered Monday thats quicker then most UK online retailers.

Jammy C**t :mad:
Mine is still stuck in customs awaiting charges.... need to wait for a stupid letter with price and code numbers to pay... **** happens I suppose :p

Well that mine finally arrived at Motherwell sorting office after the customs charges etc...
How do customs calculate their charges? anyone know exactlyfor sure?
I have just been hit with a bill for nearly 81 quid :eek:
Mine must have a gold plating or something....
Can you appeal against the charges?
I am paying the bill anyway, and likely ask how they charged the amount by letter...

Thats crazy :eek: £ 80 ???

No way should it be that much . I'd complain tbh , others havent paid half as much and others none , why should yours be tripple the price :evil:

That’s the chance you take when importing it yourself. Some people get away with the charges and some don’t. Nevermind just get it fitted :twisted:

I am at work (work away from home during the week) but the wife said that the post office guy said... was to pay the duty by card etc not cash cos he couldnt give a receipt, as it seemed too high and wait for the letter from customs detailing the charges then query the bill...

To me it worked out about 28-29% of the purchase price of 64400 Yen (284.19 quid at current exchange) as this is only what they should charge the duty from and not including the shipping price & what ever else they added.... :(
Even the total price of 79400 Yen (350 odd quid) with shipping included still doesnt add up??
Mabye cos im Scottish?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well suppose 430 ish all in is still cheaper than the 'proposed' group buy of 580 quoted!!!

By all accounts its still a great deal 8)

I cant wait to get back and hear the growl of my Gruppe M :twisted:

Great info Mugen Psycho :smt023

Just emailed customs etc...
The breakdown of my charges were total £80.08 (wife originally told me £80.80)
Import Duty £9.50
VAT £57.08 :eek:
Clearance Fee £13.50

Robbing B*****ds
The parcel was clearly marked as air filter and clearly visible invoiced all over for 5,000 Yen (£21 odds) and marked as gift....

See what happens.....

Anyway fitted it this morning, with the modded original scuttle panel etc... that gruppe m one is s**t... no wonder peeps complain about then rattling :lol:

Couple of tips I found when modding was i didnt sray paint nothing, sprayed the matt black straight into the fibre glass expoxy paste when mixing to self colour and filled the gap I cut... smoothed down with the area masked off beforehand with a small scraper and left as moulded... looks ok and nobody sees it anyway then covered it with a strip of velcro..:)
Scoup screwed down into scuttle fitted with those plastic rawplugs you use for plaster board which I had lying about.. the grey ones which have large thread & they dont rust etc... hold excellent..
Used that heavy duty Dual Lock velcro on the filled gap & Gruppe M filter housing at contact points and she doesn't move at all.. you could put shelves up with that gear... this stuff here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-heavy-du...ryZ20600QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

recommend it highly :)

Might try mabye next week or so spraying that scoup mattblack to tone in with the original scuttle as I aint into the carbon effect... imo looks a bit Max Flower on my CTR.... has anyone sprayed theirs?
But I dont want it in the future to start peeling etc and look p**h :lol:

An update on my 'extra' customs charges for my Gruppe M...
Here is a cut & paste from the email from the nice Customs people I recieved today explaining my charges etc... remember it was marked as gift & listed on invoice as 5000 yen....
To me it looks like they charge duty on your shipping costs as well :eek:
I must just of been an unlucky one captured & done for everything :lol: :lol:

I would like to explain that all goods both new and second hand, sent from outside
the European Community are liable to Customs Duty and VAT if the value of the goods
is over £18. If the parcel contents are a gift from a private person abroad to
another person in this country the limit is raised to £36.

Duty is charged as a percentage of the value of the goods. The percentage varies
depending on the type of goods and the country of origin. Duty is charged on the
price paid for the goods including any local Sales Tax plus postage, packing and
insurance costs. Duty amounts of less than 10 Euros are not raised.

VAT is charged at the same rate that applies to similar goods sold in this country.
The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the value for duty plus any duty
charged.

The charges on your parcel were calculated based on the information provided on the
Customs declaration completed by the sender as follows;
Goods car parts
Country of Origin Japan
Value Yen JPY 75000 Rate of Exchange 236.834/£1
Postage and Insurance Yen JPY 0.00 Rate of Exchange
Value for Import Duty £316.67
Duty £9.50
Value for VAT £326.17
VAT @ 17.5% £57.08

Total Customs Charge £66.58

The additional £13.50 is a Parcelforce Worldwide fee which is levied by them as a
contribution towards the cost of presenting the parcel to Customs, paying the duty
and VAT on your behalf and collecting it from you. It is entirely separate from the
duty and VAT charged by HM Revenue and Customs and if you require further
information you should contact Parcelforce Worldwide direct on 08708501150.

If the information supplied on the customs declaration is incorrect and you would
like us to further investigate these charges would you please forward to this
address the items indicated below: -

* The ORIGINAL Red and White Customs Charge Label. (You may have to cut this off
the box)
* The ORIGINAL Customs declaration. (Which should be attached to the side of the
parcel.)
* Evidence of the value of the goods including all shipping and postage costs i.e.
an invoice/receipt.

* Goods purchased via the inter-net:

o A copy of the page that shows the final purchase price.
o E-mail account confirming the total postage, shipping and insurance costs.
o A copy of your credit card/paypal account to confirm point 1 and 2.
* Please confirm whether or not you are Vat registered. If so, please provide
details of your Vat registration number.

Donna Routledge (Mrs)
Correspondence Team
HM Revenue & Customs
Coventry International Hub
Siskin Parkway West
Coventry
CV3 3HX
Tel; 02476 212860
Fax; 02476 212812
Email; [email protected]
Website; www.hmrc.gov.uk

In other words 'Get It Up Ya' and if you send us everything, we will charge you even more extra....:lol:

How did they know it was 75,000 Yen? When i received mine there was no indication of the value only the gift value of 5,000 Yen?

^^ Exactly what I was thinking, I was getting all set to buy one on the credit card but I cant afford being caught out for an extra £80 quid at the moment.

The aem cai is looking like a more reasonable option at the moment

How did they know it was 75,000 Yen? When i received mine there was no indication of the value only the gift value of 5,000 Yen?

Mine also said 5,000 yen..... but the way the yen is wrote the symbol for yen preceeds the 5000, did the magoo f**ks mistake it for a 7??

Anyway, if I send all the crap they listed, I think I will pay more, going by my interpretation of the email about calculating on the shipping included as well etc etc.

I think I will be biting the bullet on this one..

also TerryCTR.. dont let that put you off going for it... 430 all in is still a good buy brand new etc.. mabye I was a one off.... then again mabye you will get humped more than me..:twisted:

^^ :lol: Yeah knowing my luck mate I would do.

Ill need to think about it as there is far too much rain up this way to fit the cai my mate fitted one and his car didnt vtec the first time he went out in the rain I just found out - never done it since but still!!

So that again leaves the itg maxogen for less hassle over the gruppe m - but it doesn't have the noise I want :(

Why not just put a wanted thread up for the Gruppe M?

Bump it every week and sooner or later an CTR will be parting company with its mods. ;) :twisted:

Back