• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How To Fit Accord Type R Seats to EP3

After seeing these fitted to an EP3 Civic Type R i just had to have them, they suited the pre-facelift interior perfectly and i didnt want to pay £800 for a premier interior.
IMG_0393.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v484/cavysri16v/?action=view&current=IMG_0393.jpg

Although there was no guide on how to install them i thought i'd set one up for other people to look at.

To begin with the parts you will need to fit these to your EP3 are as follows-

Honda Accord Type R Recaro's
Honda Integra DC5 Seat Rails
8x original seat rail bolts
4x nuts to fit above bolts
2x M10 50mm bolts
35x M10 Washers to bridge gap between vehicle floor and seat rail on one hole.
IMG_0394.jpg

First of all you need to remove the sub frame from the seat, This is bolted by 4 bolts in each corner, (keep these bolts as they are usefull to bolt the seat rails to the seats)
IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Then you need to match up the rear hole on the DC5 seat rail to the rear hole that you just removed the frame bolt from.
IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

I then measured the distance between the rear hole on the DC5 seat rail and the hole which is furthest foward on the rail and then drilled a hole in the bottom of the seat to match, Do this on both sides and use 2x bolts for the rear of the seat rail, and 2x bolts and 2x nuts to attach the front of the seat rail to the seat.
IMG_0399.jpg

As easy as that.

To fit the seat rails to an EP3 Type R you need to elongate 2 holes, The first one is nearest the door and you need to file this one downwards towards the floor 3-4mm
IMG_0400.jpg

and the hole next to the centre console needs to be filed backwards about 5-6mm,
IMG_0401.jpg

both of these holes are at the rear of the seat rails. Then you need to bridge the gap between the floor and the last hole you filed with as many washers as it takes (you can use other things but this is what i have used). * Please also see this guide http://www.type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63464 as it is more in-depth.

You can then put them all together and bolt the seat into your car and check that everything works, and then do the same for the other seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, I've tried to highlight the holes which need work but hasn't come out very well in the pic's

There will be an update to this guide in due course as after fitting the seats to the car they are slightly too far forward, only by about 2 inches but this makes all the difference to the driving position, problem being that the DC5 seat rails have notches along the bolt edge so where the bolt needs to be position there is a notch. Have to get my thinking cap on

I have these seats in my EP3, im not 100% sure what rails they are attached too, but they sit in the exact same position that my old Premier Recaro's sat in.

They must use the EP3 Recaro rails.

I really want a set in my ep3 hope to find a set in the new year. Well done on the guild will come in handy for a few of us.

Yeah i'm guessing the same suits, I will have to find a set of premier seat rails, but they are as rare as that rocking horse stuff

Good to see you figured something out Gaz! I was going to drill the mounts to suit the seat though, be it just one new hole on the runner or 2 to get the position right. Think it would be 2 so the runner sits central to the seat however looking at the pictures of the runners that might not work either due to the location of the notches. Might be an idea to drill 4 new holes on the seat forward of the existing ones? How tall are you by the way?

I've now decided to drill new holes to suit the existing holes on the seats hense allowing the seat to be further back. Looking at the runners you can drill holes to fit the seat without the notches getting in the way.

I am 6ft

If this works out for you could you put some pics up as I'm thinking of doing this after Christmas.

Hope it goes well buddy

yeah i'll keep this thread up-dated with the progress as its a great mod to do, but there is so little info on fitting them.

These seats are super comfortable even if mine is currently sat about 2 inches too far forward!

Agree with you on that one. I've sat in mine (not fitted) and they are a world apart from the std ones. Also think they look the mutts nuts in black compared to the red ones. Should be fitting mine this weekend if its not chucking it down so might be able to contribute to this guide.....Think i'll try the new holes all round on the runners approach but i'll keep an eye out to see how you get on....!

good idea doug, should get mine sorted either tomorrow or at the weekend, i'm sure between us we can make this guide 100% perfect for other people to use if they want to fit these seats.

Just thinking, if you give me the dimensions of the washers you used to make a spacer, i.e, overall length, width, hole diameter, i may be able to get billet spacers made....

i used a spacer in the end mate, it was 25mm long and just needs to be big enough to house an m10 bolt.

So this is all sorted now? Was this something you bought from DIY store or some you made in a workshop?

I ask because I have no use of a workshop just hand tools and my driveway but still want to do this next year.

Oh yeh you guys have nearly the same avatar.:lol:

***UPDATE*** Please disregard these last few posts about seat not going back far enough.

This was my stupidity, i used a longer bolt to get the driver seat in not realising that this fouled the rear of the runner hense stopping the seat from going back, Replaced with a shorter M10 50mm bolt and seat goes back to standard position and works perfectly.

So please follow original 'How To' as this is the correct way of fitting them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is all sorted now? Was this something you bought from DIY store or some you made in a workshop?

I ask because I have no use of a workshop just hand tools and my driveway but still want to do this next year.

Oh yeh you guys have nearly the same avatar.:lol:

Its sorted now mate, Please follow original post.

You can use M10 washers as your spacer, this is what most people use when fitting DC5 rails, just use enough to make up about a 25mm space. I only used a spacer as i found the perfect peice of piping to cut down to size.

Back