• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 How to flip up the rear seats?

I've read the manual but still can't figure it out. Do the rear seats actually flip up in the FK2? I don't want to yank away at them and break something, if anyone could answer it would be appreciated, cheers.

Not checked mine but on the Fn2 there was a hook/clip on the stands at the bottom, pain in the arse to release, I remember slicing my finger open

No they don't flip up. This feature was removed on the R model. Think it was a weight saving thing. Much like the lack of rear window wiper etc. Not essential. Don't need it.

They do flip up, it was the lock in position feature that was removed so they just constantly fall down, some people have said to hold them up with the seat belt but that didn't really work for me.

The first time you do it you'll have to get your head in there and have a look but there is a hook to lift up on the floor going over the seat bar and then at the same time lift the bar/seat up and towards you.

Hope this helps

Allows you to keep your boot space, you'd be surprised how much room you get by lifting them.
I remember my mate in his fn2 fitting a cabinet in his with the seats up, straight in & out

So I finally got round to trying it out and the amount of room created from flipping the seats is great. Couldn't find a way to stop them dropping though, I, assuming whatever you store in the back will prop them up and stop them from falling down?

The practicality of this car is amazing. I managed to fit two mountain bikes in the boot with the seats down, no issues. Could probably get 3 in there!

In bazza's pic, it seems that he didnt use the seat belts to hold the rear seats. I'm very curious if there is another way, or easier way to do it.

In bazza's pic, it seems that he didnt use the seat belts to hold the rear seats. I'm very curious if there is another way, or easier way to do it.

If I was to drive with the seats up I would off used the belts Jaku

I see, thanks for the explanation.

Honda Jazz/Fit has exact same rear seat design and it can be locked once the leg is folded, it would be much useful if FK2 comes with that function.

Back