• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to install/remove an after market head unit.

I just pulled all the wires out of the back, and removed the whole centre console, everything. Then took it inside the house and swapped the head unit over at the table. Its so much easier when its not in the car.

I think I'll do that Tom, sounds like a plan. But the thing is that I could not get a good hold on the bolt on the right to get the thing out. I think I have the perfect tool for the job now. So coffee then attempt number two!

Yeah its pretty simple. IIRC one plug for the Hazard lights, one plug for the Ciggy Lighter and 1 plug for the heater, A/C and rear window heater and 2 plugs for the heater controls. All different sizes so you cant mix them up.

With the bar that goes across with the 2 screws, that ****ed me off so much I just dragged it out, and have never put it back in. Hasn't affected it in anyway.

Just a quick question sorry, but in other cars I've changed the cd/cassette player in, there is normally a pair of metal 'keys' which somehow slide down the side, or into the existing unit, and pull it out, complete with metal housing, I would like to remove the cd player in my ep3 and was wondering if this is the only way to do it, or if anyone knows the way I'm talking about, or why it does not work on this car, sorry if this has been asked before, but reading through this thread nobody had.
Thanks, jordan.

The Ep3 doesn't have the option to remove the headunit with keys. It is screwed into the centre console, you have to remove the complete console to get the cd player out.

Plenty of how to guides in the forum to show you how to easilt remove and replace.

Thanks for the guide. :)
Going to be tackling this again tomorrow, - this time to fit a double din.

Sent from my eyePhone using my phone

Many thanks for the guide - a very big help!

Does anyone have any pictures of how they got the power lead (for sub/amp) from the battery into the car? I had a look around last night and can't see any easy way in but I could just be being a moron. I have an 06 plate EP3.

Cheers!

Back