• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'How To' Mod your OEM scuttle for the Gruppe M

This Mod allows you to retain your OEM scuttle instead of the crappy shiny one you get in the Gruppe M kit.

Also it allows you to open your bonnet without taking your scoop off and gets rid of the rattles.

Any Question just post them on this thread.

Lee

Basic Tools Required

1. Gruppe M
2. P38
3. P40
4. Wire mesh
5. Masking Tape
6. Aluminum Oxide paper
7. Pencil
8. Matt Black paint
9. Tin Snips
10. Hacksaw blade
11. Flat metal file
12. 1 pair large bollocks if your cutting up your only scuttle like I did :lol:

STEP 1.
Un-clip the OE Scuttle like shown in the 3 pictures below by using a flat balded screw driver. Pull it forwards to release it from its fastenings. It's very fiddly so be careful.

STEP 2
Transfer the measurements across to the OE scuttle from the Gruppe M one. Its needs to be reasonably accurate.

STEP 3
Cut out the section using a hacksaw blade. To make it easier drill out the 4 corers using a Spade bit and drill.

STEP 4
Using the Masking tape mask off all the scuttle.

STEP 5
Cut the wire to shape and bend around the edges.

STEP 6
Fill up the area with the Fibre Glass and leave to go off. (1hour)

STEP 7
When the Fibre Glass has set take off the tape and file down any edges that have come proud or sticking over the sides.

STEP 8
Mask off the area again and use the filler to fill the top side of the scuttle.

When its dry use the sanding block to smooth off the filler. You can do this step twice if you want too as you will get a better finish.

STEP 9
When you has reached the finish you want give it a couple of coats of Black Matt paint.

STEP 10
Re fit the panel and show it off to all you mates 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did u have to take of a few MMs on the Gruppe M scoop for the bonnet to open?

Or wit moddin the OEM panel does the bonnet clear ok?

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, i am so glad someone did this. With the 2 guides that are on here i know feel confident enough to tackle mine, when it turns up :roll:

Back