• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How - To - Take Seats Apart & Restich ! job Legnth = LONG!

ok, so with my interior going yellow , see previous how too door card, I wanted my seats done
please note they are people that can do this for you £100-£150. I choosed the girlfriend. cause she asks for nothing & can say shes helped with my car! :p *used*
muwhaha
( MUST READ THIS - When taking these off, theres little metal clips u will need to cut or bend off. I used small cable ties to use as replacements. )
You will need the basic tools.

• ratchet set varouis (mm's)
  • flat head
  • Philips
  • some gloves ( thin to stop greese from seat rails to fabric )
  • thread - colour

so take out the seat ( simple 4 bolts on the floor panel )
then we start to take off the lower part.
theres varouis white plastic clips just use pillars and pull them away from the metal as seen in the pictures below.

vq3u.jpg

7qzf.jpg

3qfn.jpg

5f8l.jpg

Then once its off

aw16.jpg

now the fun begins,
2 ways to do it
1. de-stitch it, and then re-stitch as you go.
2. stitch over it, ( easy and just as effective )

you will want quite a large amount of threa strands. not the average thread. 5/6 strands together.

you start by stitching over one side. in the colour of your choice. in my case this is yellow
6a35.jpg

then the other side

oolh.jpg

and that's the bottom half. done time consuming but easy. ( seat took 5 mins to take out and dismantle )

when finishing work today I came home to this, ( thanks to the girlfriend ) - the "type" will be refreshed with white thread.
but the stitching on sides still need to be done.

8ejx.jpg

this is an on going how too. so I will update as I finish it off.

in the meatime I even took the seatbelt apart

cx2i.jpg

post #2 is reserved.

( this How-To is for Type-r-owners website Only )

So how was the r done and re assembled? Good how to so far mate

same as the rest, restiched over, if u use a thcicker strand, my girlfriend is a crafting girl , so was natural to her ;) long as you go in same direction as the current thread,

Back